I Am Enough

by Grace Byers

Other authors: Keturah A. Bobo (Illustrator)

Series: Diversity and Inclusion

6198428,116 (4.54)1
A New York Times bestseller and Goodreads Choice Awards picture book winner! This is a gorgeous, lyrical ode to loving who you are, respecting others, and being kind to one another--from Empire actor and activist Grace Byers and talented newcomer artist Keturah A. Bobo. This is the perfect gift for mothers and daughters, baby showers, and graduation. We are all here for a purpose. We are more than enough. We just need to believe it.… (more)

This book is short and sweet. It goes through using similes and building the reader’s confidence. It states that we are all not the same and that’s fine, we should embrace our differences. This book is good for all ages, I feel as if this should be read in 5th grade. ( )
  andreawilliams12 | Apr 28, 2021 |
Primary. This book is about a young African American girl who gives herself encouragement throughout the book. This would be great to help students understand that even though everyone is different, they are all capable, and even if they mess up, that's okay.
  MadisonFissell | Apr 23, 2021 |
This book is a very good inspirational book for any young children. It is a poetic story of a little girl figuring her differences and similarities between her friends. She learns its okay to be different. This book contains a lot of like statements with "like" and uses similes and metaphors in the comparisons. It is a poetry and relativity fiction book. ( )
  bellawalsh | Apr 18, 2021 |
Realistic Fiction book in free verse that is very inspirational to the reader. The main character is attempting to discover herself, and finally comes to the conclusion that she is enough. ( )
  kmb397 | Apr 18, 2021 |
This is a good book about a girl who comes to the realization that she is different, and that her differences are what makes her unique and special. This is such a great book for young children to read that shares the themes of self-love, self-acceptance, and self-confidence. ( )
  rabeard | Apr 17, 2021 |

Byers, GraceAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bobo, Keturah A.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

A gorgeous, lyrical ode to loving who you are, respecting others, and being kind to one another—from Empire actor and activist Grace Byers and talented newcomer artist Keturah A. Bobo.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,885,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible