Devotions: The Selected Poems of Mary Oliver…

Devotions: The Selected Poems of Mary Oliver

by Mary Oliver

Recently added byHAUMC, private library, booksbound2plz, e-zReader, dbjohnson, buffygurl

mary oliver just did that. over and over again. fuck. ( )
  karikes | Mar 3, 2019 |
We covered Mary Oliver in an adult Sunday school session in honor of her death. All I knew of her was the name, and so I bought this particular volume since it's a "best of" compilation with the selections chosen by Oliver herself. While I'm not crazy about Oliver (after a while there's a certain "sameness" to her), the anthology does contain some quite good numbers; and, considering that this is a "best of" compilation assembled by the poet herself, this particular volume/edition is probably the best overall introduction to Mary Oliver. Hence 4**** ( )
  CurrerBell | Feb 15, 2019 |
Although I purchased this volume last year, I did not read it right away. I wanted to find time to savor the works of Mary Oliver whose work I love. Her death last month prompted me to pick up the volume. While Mary's words rarely rhyme, she conveys beautiful thoughts and scenes in poetic language. The volume contains poems collected from works published in the 1960s to 2015. I will revisit this volume many times in the years to come. My only criticism pertains to her affinity for including snakes in her poetry. ( )
  thornton37814 | Feb 2, 2019 |
I bought DEVOTIONS for my daughter, but found too much death and animal violence.

So much 'I, I, I" and too many depressing images.

And yet, I've found many poems in between all that to copy out and save... ( )
  m.belljackson | Sep 14, 2018 |

"Throughout her celebrated career, Mary Oliver has touched countless readers with her brilliantly crafted verse, expounding on her love for the physical world and the powerful bonds between all living things. Identified as "far and away, this country's best selling poet" by Dwight Garner, she now returns with a stunning and definitive collection of her writing from the last fifty years. Carefully curated, these 200 plus poems feature Oliver's work from her very first book of poetry, No Voyage and Other Poems, published in 1963 at the age of 28, through her most recent collection, Felicity, published in 2015."--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,421,956 books! | Top bar: Always visible