The White Boar

by Marian Palmer

The story is told by the Lovell cousins Philip (pretty sure he’s fictional) and Francis. Francis is given is wardship to Warwick and goes to Middleham. There he meets Philip after long time and for the first time sees Richard, Duke of Gloucester. There’s lot more going on but I don’t even try to tell it. Wikipedia is your friend.

I did enjoy this but it was bit dry on points and some of the phraisings does show the book’s age. But I liked how the characters were described, especially Richard. He was neither too good or too bad. I loved how Anne Neville’s rescue was portrayed.

It was nice to read that Francis and his wife Anna had their happy moments. They are always portrayed hating each other and while this either didn’t end happily there was some good too. ( )
  Elysianfield | Mar 30, 2013 |

ChaoticEclipse | Dec 9, 2010 |
"Loyalty binds me"

DEVICE OF RICHARD OF GLOUCESTER
To my father, Leonard Postill
The women had left wax torches burning, and hung the chamber walls with tapestries of unicorns made tame, because the bride was a maid.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,173,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible