Rogue Protocol: The Murderbot Diaries by…

Rogue Protocol: The Murderbot Diaries (edition 2018)

by Martha Wells (Author)

Fiction. Science Fiction. HTML:

The third thrilling book in the increasingly popular Murderbot Diaries, which began with All Systems Red. SciFi's favorite antisocial A.I. is back on a mission. The case against the too-big-to-fail GrayCris Corporation is floundering, and more importantly, authorities are beginning to ask more questions about where Dr. Mensah's SecUnit is. And Murderbot would rather those questions went away. For good. Martha Wells' Rogue Protocol is the third in the Murderbot Diaries series, starring a human-like android who keeps getting sucked back into adventure after adventure, though it just wants to be left alone, away from humanity and small talk. Read Rogue Protocol and find out why Hugo Award winner Ann Leckie wrote "I love Murderbot!"

.… (more)
Collections:Electronic, Recently Read, Your library
Rating:****1/2

Work Information

Rogue Protocol by Martha Wells

Bypass Gemini by Joseph R. Lallo (Anonymous user)

English (184)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (186)
What an exciting, action-packed, and hilarious addition to the Murderbot series. I liked this volume even more than the last! In this volume, Murderbot seeks out more information to help take down GrayCris Corporation, but as a result finds himself posing as a security consultant AND a SecUnit on a non-terraformed planet with fake security consultants and fighting off extremely dangerous combat bots at the same time. He also experiences more extreme emotions as he meets and unwillingly befriends a pet bot, and learns about how some humans actually love their bots like real people.

I love how Murderbot has come to accept that he, begrudgingly, feels human emotions. It's great to hear him say he misses the bots and humans he's come to befriend. It's also extremely satisfying when he combines the aspects of his human and bot self to work out any kind of situation.

Another fantastic narration by Kevin R. Free who absolutely knocks all the voices and personalities out of the park. ( )
  H4ppyN3rd | Jun 28, 2024 |
Great addition to the series. ( )
  zeronetwo | May 14, 2024 |
Really very well done. It's difficult to write a good fight scene. Edgar Rice Burroughs is the master as far as I am concerned, but the fight scenes in this are very good indeed. The personalities of the characters are very well drawn even considering the book is so short. There's a good economy in the writing which is able to get the most basic personality traits across quickly and completely. This is the third in series but the first I've read so I don't know if I'm missing a lot or not, but this is good enough to reserve the other two books. Both have a considerable waiting list from the BPL. ( )
  llysenw | May 4, 2024 |
Um, what the heck is that ending Martha??? You can't just do that to me and then walk away! ( )
  staygoldsunshine | Apr 23, 2024 |
Love, love, love the series.

When you pick up the first, All Systems Read, be prepared that you will want to immediately read the second and third ones. Since they are novellas, you will burn through them quickly, they are that good! ( )
  Dorothy2012 | Apr 22, 2024 |

Martha Wellsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Böhmert, FrankTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Foltzer, ChristineDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jones, JaimeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kivimäki, MikaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Montier, MathildeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I have the worst luck with bot-driven transports.

Fiction. Science Fiction. HTML:

Martha Wells is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,650,167 books! | Top bar: Always visible