Loving the Rogue Alpha (Luna Werewolves #7)…

Loving the Rogue Alpha (Luna Werewolves #7)

by Marcy Jacks

322,862,455 (3.5)None
Recently added bymdwalston, SerenaYates, Virago77

Book number seven of this increasingly fun and entertaining series brings a few surprises, some new characters, and a continuation of the new luna werewolf pack's fight for the right to exist. This time we have less of a preconception that is being examined and turned on its head (like in books one through six), instead the author takes an unusual concept, that of a rogue alpha, and shines some new light on his issues. Gideon is the alpha in question. He can’t be in his old pack now that he is mated to Ross, an omega, for fear of risking his mate's security since his nasty pack mates would make the man a slave. But Gideon doesn’t want to join the omega's pack either, since he has an issue with luna werewolves – a very personal one. Where usually rogue wolves have to join a pack sooner or later, Gideon intends not to do that – ever.

Ross has barely recovered from his lone omega days and being "collected" by Ash, the bear shifter, then brought to Roarke's newly-formed luna werewolf pack. He makes mistake after mistake: rather than suffer seeing Maddox with his new mate, Ross decides to run. Then he gets captured and kidnapped, freed by a rival pack's alpha who turns out to be Ross's mate. Not what he wants to deal with! Unfortunately, nobody asks him, and Gideon would rather run than face a whole pack of luna werewolves. Who is Ross to argue?

Gideon is in deep trouble. He had to join a pack, and since luna werewolves are out of the question for very personal reasons, he settles with one of the rival packs. He hates how they treat omegas, and as soon as he discovers Ross is his mate, he runs. Problem, is, rogues are neither liked, nor usually tolerated. When he ends up wounded, Ross has no choice but to take him back to Roarke's pack. Gideon's learning process that follows was fun to watch, and by the time his old worldview has been thoroughly debunked, he has also learned what it means to be mated. Not what he expected!

While the passion between Ross and Gideon flares up fully at the end, it's clear there are plenty more single wolves waiting to find a mate, and I certainly look forward to their stories! If you're looking for a shifter story about a rogue who learns to deal with old prejudice and learns the benefits of being in a pack, if you enjoy reading about mates who have an extremely rough start, and if you're looking for a book with lots of hot alpha on omega action, then you will probably like this novella.

NOTE: This book was provided by Siren Publishing for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |
I had a feeling the author was a twoof fan. It was proven in this book with a reference to the Hale family and ond ofthe characters admitting to watching thr show. I have a feeling she's probably a fan of fanfic--if not an author of it herself. Anyway, this a nice edition to the series. I like that new people are being introduced, but I do hope we continue to meet the other alphas in Roark's pack. I hope as the series continues the single alphas and omegas find their mates and continue to expand the pack. ( )
  Virago77 | Jun 23, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,845,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible