Bountiful (True North Book 4) by Sarina…

Bountiful (True North Book 4) (edition 2017)

by Sarina Bowen (Author)

Once upon a time a cocky, copper-haired tourist sauntered into Zara's bar. And even though she knew better, Zara indulged in a cure for the small-town blues. It was supposed to be an uncomplicated fling - a few sizzling weeks before he went back to his life, and she moved on.Until an accidental pregnancy changed her life.Two years later, she's made peace with the notion that Dave From Brooklyn will never be found. Until one summer day when he walks into her coffee shop, leveling her with the same hot smile that always renders her defenseless.Hockey star Dave Beringer has never forgotten the intense month he spent with prickly Zara. Their nights together were the first true intimacy he'd ever experienced. But the discovery of his child is the shock of a lifetime, and his ugly past puts relationships and family out of reach.Or does it? Vermont's countryside has a way of nurturing even tortured souls. The fields and the orchards - and hard won love - are Bountiful… (more)
Member:SheLovesMaisie
Title:Bountiful (True North Book 4)
Authors:Sarina Bowen (Author)
Info:Rennie Road Books (2017), 318 pages
Collections:Your library, Fiction, Electronic book
Tags:DDC800 Literature, DDC813 Literature-American Literature-American Fiction, True North, 2017, contemporary romance

Bountiful by Sarina Bowen

Awesome read. I wasn't sure n the beginning if I was going to like Dave but in the end I loved him. He stepped up and fought though his struggles. Great book hopefully there is more to the series. ( )
  Kellylynn22 | Mar 24, 2019 |
I absolutely loved this book! I had heard good things about Sarina Bowen but hadn't had the chance to read any of her work before this book. I can now see that I have been missing out and have a lot of catching up to do. This was a book that held my attention and never let go. I could not stop listening and finished the book in just a day and a half. I was totally swept away by this amazing romance.

It is really hard to put into words my love for this book but I am going to do my best. I fell in love with these characters from the very start. As the book progressed, I loved them more and more. Dave and Zara just seemed to work well together. I loved the chemistry between them at the start of the story and thought that the awkwardness when they met again felt real. They just seem to be good for each other.

This story starts out with Dave on vacation in Vermont where he meets Zara at the bar she runs. They have a fling over the course of a month but don't share details about themselves. Two years later when Dave returns for another vacation, he learns that he has a daughter. I am not always a fan of the secret baby trope but this works perfectly because Zara tried to find Dave but couldn't. She never makes any attempt to hide the baby from Dave. Dave is floored by the news but quickly adapts and learns that the things he wants in life may be different than he had originally thought.

It was so wonderful to watch Dave and Zara fall in love. The chemistry between them was always off the charts but watching them really get to know each other and care for their daughter together was great. Zara is not used to having Dave's help and doesn't want to owe anyone anything while Dave wants to take care of things. Some of Zara's family are not thrilled with Dave since he hasn't been around but he never backs down and keeps his focus on Zara and their daughter, Nicole.

This was the first time that I have listened to Teddy Hamilton and Seraphine Valentine's narration. I love romances that use two narrators and I thought that both of these narrators did a great job with their characters. There are a lot of emotions in this book and a few steamy moments and everything flowed flawlessly. I thought that they both did a great job with the different character voices. They both had very pleasant voices that made it easy to listen for hours at a time.

I highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romances. This incredibly romantic story had all the things I was looking for when I decided to read it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Dave was a hockey player which only made things better since I love a good sport romance. This is the fourth book in the True North series and also fits into the Brooklyn Bruisers series but I had no problems reading it as a stand alone. Of course, I do want to read all of the other books now!

I received a review copy of this audiobook from Blackstone Audio, Inc. via Audiobook Jukebox. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Feb 21, 2018 |

From Amazon.com

No last names. No life stories. Those were the rules.

Once upon a time a cocky, copper-haired tourist sauntered into Zara’s bar. And even though she knew better, Zara indulged in a cure for the small-town blues.

It was supposed to be an uncomplicated fling—a few sizzling weeks before he went back to his life, and she moved on.

Until an accidental pregnancy changed her life.

Two years later, she’s made peace with the notion that Dave From Brooklyn will never be found. Until one summer day when he walks into her coffee shop, leveling her with the same hot smile that always renders her defenseless.

Hockey star Dave Beringer has never forgotten the intense month he spent with prickly Zara. Their nights together were the first true intimacy he’d ever experienced. But the discovery of his child is the shock of a lifetime, and his ugly past puts relationships and family out of reach.

Or does it?

Vermont’s countryside has a way of nurturing even tortured souls. The fields and the orchards—and hard won love—are Bountiful.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,796,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible