Holy Bible: Holman Christian Standard Bible…

Holy Bible: Holman Christian Standard Bible (1999)

by Holman Bible Editorial Staff

Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Inc. Wartburg Project (divinepeacelutheran)
    divinepeacelutheran: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

I looked for the smallest Bible I could find at a Borders, and this was it. Well, it's certainly small enough to qualify as "compact". As for "large print", the body of the text is readable; however, the cross-reference footnotes after each chapter and the regular explanatory footnotes at the bottom of the page are microscopic. I admit part of the problem is me. I'm 64 years old and, like most everyone else my age, close reading is beginning to be a challenge

I wish Holman had made the footnote font the same size as the font of the body of the text, even if they had to add a quarter inch or so to both height and width. It would still have been a compact Bible.

I don't normally "rate" Bible, considering them all to be five stars. However, I've given this one four. ( )
1 vote SherryThompson | Jul 16, 2011 |
Best book in the world. Where life is…
  spinblueelder | Jul 26, 2008 |
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
For God love the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
The "Holman Christian Standard Version" is is a different translation than other "Standard Versions". Please combine it only with other HCSB editions. Combine it only with complete editions, not with the New Testament alone which should be combined into a separate work.

This inaugural printed edition of the complete HCSB translation features 9.5 point type size, words of Christ in read, and numerous other reading/study helps.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,504,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible