Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

A Heart Like His: Making Space for God's Love in Your Life

by Virginia H. Pearce

The subtitle for this book is "Making Space for God's Love in Your Life." That was really the focus of the book, starting with her experiences as she and a group of friends agreed to try opening their hearts to others and trying to see them the way God would see them.

The book is designed really as a workbook, with exercises on how to open your heart, stop judging others, and most of all, change your attitude toward others. I found it helpful. I agree with her that being kind and caring with neighbors or people you meet on a chance encounter is much easier than doing the same thing with your own family. But I need to keep working on that, so I'm glad I found this little book. ( )
1 vote cmbohn | Jul 2, 2009 |
A short, simple guide to opening one’s heart to others, written from a Latter-day Saint (Mormon)perspective. Starts strong, lags in the middle. ( )
  kathysoper | Mar 10, 2007 |
This book discusses how we can open out hearts and have more charity for the people around us. What I loved about it is that Pearce emphasizes that we don't need to add more to our lives or take a lot of time. The key is opening our hearts. This book and a lot of introspection has shown me a lot of things I need to do better. ( )
  michcall | Jan 21, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,580,646 books! | Top bar: Always visible