The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory

The Wedding Date

by Jasmine Guillory

Series: The Wedding Date (1)

"A groomsman and his last-minute guest are about to discover if a fake date can go the distance in a fun and flirty debut novel. Agreeing to go to a wedding with a guy she gets stuck with in an elevator is something Alexa Monroe wouldn't normally do. But there's something about Drew Nichols that's too hard to resist. On the eve of his ex's wedding festivities, Drew is minus a plus one. Until a power outage strands him with the perfect candidate for a fake girlfriend. From the best man's toast to the bouquet toss, Alexa and Drew have more fun than they ever thought possible. But before they know it, Drew has to fly back to Los Angeles and his job as a pediatric surgeon, and Alexa heads home to Berkeley, where she's the mayor's chief of staff. Too bad they can't stop thinking about the other. They're just two high-powered professionals on a collision course toward the long distance dating disaster of the century--or closing the gap between what they think they need and what they truly want.."--… (more)

Read it in less than 12 hours! ( )
  blfschmitt | Aug 8, 2019 |
To start off this review I liked this book but, I also disliked this book at the same time. For example, I really appreciated the representation in this book, and that Drew and Alex were an interracial couple but, later on in the book their long distance relationship started to become very repetitive! Also, I really disliked how after the characters made a decision they immediately regretted it. On the other hand, I really liked Drew and Alexa’s friends because they were so supportive! Also, I liked this book because this is my favorite genre (contemporary/any love stories). I would really like to try Jasmine Guillory’s other books as well! In conclusion, I really liked this book but, it could’ve been better. ( )
  Noorpreet | Aug 8, 2019 |
A feel-good romance with not a lot of substance to it – it reads like someone's quite saccharine fantasy. If I gave you the starting premise you could guess what is going to happen. ( )
  MaidMeri | Jun 26, 2019 |

Alexa Monroe:
Drew Nicols:
Carlos

The Story:

I love Drew and Alexa together. IDC what Drew thought though most of the book there was no way he was going to make it without her. I loved their meeting in the elevator, it was too cute. I did wish Alexa had more confidence in herself and Drew’s attraction to her but not fitting into the cookie cutter image in LA can be tough oh the most confident women at first. Anyhooo I loved this couple together and routed for them during their ups and downs. Very entertaining read.

The Random Thoughts:

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jun 3, 2019 |
I chose this book because many of the reviews that I read said that it was humorous. When I began it and found out that it might just fall into the genre of romance, I almost didn't continue.

I did not have an alternative figured out, so I carried on. I am glad that I did. Yes, the focus of the book is a romance but the story was a fun one, other than the obvious miscommunication that occurred throughout, but, unfortunately, I think that occurs in many relationships. ( )
  BoundTogetherForGood | Jun 3, 2019 |

Jasmine Guilloryprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chu, VikkiCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lipovich, KellyDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,921,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible