Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: 101…

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: 101 Stories of Life, Love and Learning… (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Jack Canfield (Author)

Series: Chicken Soup for the Soul (Teenage)

This first batch of Chicken Soup for Teens consists of 101 stories every teenager can relate to and learn from -- without feeling criticized or judged. This edition contains important lessons on the nature of friendship and love, the importance of belief in the future, and the value of respect for oneself and others, and much more.… (more)
Member:jenniferdale
Title:Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: 101 Stories of Life, Love and Learning (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
Authors:Jack Canfield (Author)
Info:HCI Teens (1997), Edition: 1, 352 pages

Work Information

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul by Jack Canfield (Editor) (1997)

Sealed With a Diss by Lisi Harrison (morgan1995)
    morgan1995: Me and my friends really like these books

English (22)  Spanish (1)  All languages (23)
These stories will make you laugh, cry, think, and help you understand the trial and tribulations that come with being a growing teen.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jan 2, 2017 |
I was looking forward to read this book, but now that I finished it I'm kind of disappointed. Most of these stories are the typical feel-good, not quite realistic stories you'd expect from an inspirational book. Sure they may have real-life meaning, but the stories themselves are mostly emotional fabrications

Although there are a few stories that focus on more serious topics such as death, terminal illness, mental illness or substance abuse most of the problems that the teens write about are very petty and shallow. If you have lived an extremely sheltered life, you might like this book. Otherwise, don't waste your time or money on this book. I'm just glad that I borrowed it from the library. ( )
  AlexisLovesBooks | Feb 9, 2016 |
The Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul is a great book with many touching stories that will inspire people around the world. This book is filled with many touching stories that are in many aspects of a teen's life such as puberty, romance, and friendship just to name a few. Many morals or life lessons can be learned from this book and you can be sure to cry at least once because some of these stories are just that touching to the heart. This book is a couple of hundred pages long and the stories are each a couple of pages long. This book has multiple sections with each section having a theme such as friendship. This organizes the book in a way such that you can read stories about what you want to read though it is still preferable to read the entire book from left to right. All in all, this book is phenomenal and I would recommend this book to anyone.
  TomasJefferson | Jun 21, 2014 |
Compilation of stories about young love and getting through tough times ( )
  caitlinsnead | Nov 20, 2013 |
I really don't care for any of the Chicken Soup books, but I got this as I gift. I have read three of them, and it seems that they are all the same. ( )
  sraimone | Jun 20, 2013 |

Canfield, JackEditorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hansen, Mark VictorEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kirberger, Kimberlymain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

"With love we dedicate this book to all the teenagers who have become our friends and who have taught us through their friendship that we all have something important to offer each other. We also dedicate this book to John and Jesse, two perennial teenagers who gave Kim the time and space to work on this book for two years to Lia, who first opened our minds to the possibility of creating this book, to Oran and Kyle, who taught their dad a lot during their teenage years, and to our younger children, Christopher, Elisabeth, and Melanie, who will soon enter their teenage years, and all of whom we love very much."
"'So does this mean you want to break up?' I asked softly, hoping my question would go unanswered."
"Relationships-of all kinds- are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold on to some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost."

Kaleel Jamison, The Nibble Theory

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,996,345 books! | Top bar: Always visible