Exit Strategy by Martha Wells

Exit Strategy (edition 2018)

by Martha Wells (Author), Kevin R. Free (Narrator), Recorded Books (Publisher)

The fourth and final part of the Murderbot Diaries series that began with All Systems Red. Murderbot wasn’t programmed to care. So, its decision to help the only human who ever showed it respect must be a system glitch, right? Having traveled the width of the galaxy to unearth details of its own murderous transgressions, as well as those of the GrayCris Corporation, Murderbot is heading home to help Dr. Mensah—its former owner (protector? friend?)—submit evidence that could prevent GrayCris from destroying more colonists in its never-ending quest for profit. But who’s going to believe a SecUnit gone rogue? And what will become of it when it’s caught?… (more)
Member:bjappleg8
Title:Exit Strategy
Authors:Martha Wells (Author)
Other authors:Kevin R. Free (Narrator), Recorded Books (Publisher)
Info:Recorded Books (2018)
Rating:****1/2
Tags:read in 2021, audio, sci fi, AI

Exit Strategy by Martha Wells

English (98)  French (1)  German (1)  All languages (100)
4.5 Stars. If you've read my other reviews for this series, my feelings on this one are basically the same. This is my favorite book since book one, probably in part because the human characters from that book come back in this one and I love them. This book is so fun. So many parts of this makes me smile and I'm looking forward to the next book, which I believe is the full-length book in this series. ( )
  AKBouterse | Oct 14, 2021 |
When Murderbot leaves Milu, it intends to take the incriminating information that it has on GrayCris and deliver it personally to Mensah, but a Newsburst tells it that Mensah is missing. Its mission has changed, so it sends the data from Milu off to Mensah's family and finds transport to Mensah's last known location. Murderbot now realizes it must make contact with the humans that it once befriended but still does not trust, in order to find Mensah and take her home.
This is an action packed addition in the Murderbot Diaries series. Murderbot has evolved dramatically from when it first met Mensah and her team, and it has to use all of its newfound knowledge to rescue Mensah, risking not only its life, but also the freedom it has learned to enjoy. The connections to humans and other bots like ART and now Ship are endearing and show Murderbot's caring as well as sarcastic nature. If I could, I would probably rate this as four and a half stars with the only weakness, again, being the length of the story. Overall, a very good read. ( )
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
Ah. This series is just so satisfying. I can't really say why I adore Murderbot but I do. ( )
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |

Foltzer, ChristineDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jones, JaimeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Montier, MathildeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When I got back to HaveRatton Station, a bunch of humans tried to kill me.

Martha Wells is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,171,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible