The Fallen (Memory Man series) by David…

The Fallen (Memory Man series) (original 2018; edition 2018)

by David Baldacci (Author)

Member:JulieW121
Title:The Fallen (Memory Man series)
Authors:David Baldacci (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2018), Edition: First Edition, 432 pages

The Fallen by David Baldacci (2018)

This story in the Memory Man series is not David Baldacci's best. So many people were murdered I started to not care any more. Story takes place in a small town, Baronville Pennsylvania. Amos and his female partner, Alex Jamison, are taking time off and vacationing with Alex's sister, Amber and niece Zoe. While standing on the back deck of the house, Amos Decker witnesses a fire start at a neighbors house. Not being able to turn off his detective skills, he investigates and finds two bodies, one of which is hanging from the ceiling. The book begins well, ends badly, and is slightly boring in the middle. The story became more and more difficult for the reader to suspend disbelief becoming more and more implausible. Spoiler Alert: When the criminals are finally in a stand off with Amos, they stand there yakking at each other with guns drawn explaining the mystery with Amos actually telling the perpetrator where "the treasure" was!........... Really! As the reader, I'm saying, "Shut up! enough already, arrest him!!". This story is REALLY not Baldacci's usual quality. ( )
  gaillamontagne | Nov 17, 2018 |
Murder mystery thriller with very complicated plot. ( )
  Baochuan | Nov 16, 2018 |
It's been a while since I've read a David Baldacci book. in the past, I've always enjoyed his books, but considered him to be of the James Paterson class and therefore I more or less stopped reading him.

Last week I picked up a copy ofThe Fallen that my mother-in-law had left at the house. It was a pleasant surprise as I was reminded that the man can tell a story. One that will have you guessing to the very end.

The protagonist in this effort is Amos Decker, who apparently has warranted his own series of books. Decker is a former NFL player that due to a concussion has some special abilities. Abilities that for some reason don't really come into play in this story and an angle that could have been left out. But it makes him a little unique.

The story starts when Decker and his partner are in any town Western Pennsylvania visiting his partner's sister and they sorta witness a murder. The tale unravels from there and it's a good one. Baldacci may not be the best "writer" but he can construct a narrative with the best. This one will keep you guessing to the end.

I'm not sure of this signify's a return to Baldacci for me, I am slightly intrigued with the character of Decker, but I'm not sorry about picking up the Fallen and neither will you be. ( )
  norinrad10 | Sep 29, 2018 |
Baldacci had produced another clever sorry filled with twists and turns. Character development is well done adding the element of believability which adds to the excitement. ( )
  waldhaus1 | Sep 26, 2018 |
Not normally a reader of David Baldacci but have been enjoying the audio version of the Amos Decker but after this one I'm done. The dialogue was painful so painful. I would like to count how many times the characters said "Maybe" and I had it figured it out well before the ending. And the voice used for the 6 year old Zoe was grating. ( )
  andsoitgoes | Aug 8, 2018 |

Amos Decker is the Memory Man. Following a football-related head injury that altered his personality, Decker is now unable to forget even the smallest detail--as much a curse as it is a blessing. And in #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci's gripping new thriller, Decker's life might be about to change again. Something sinister is going on in Baronville. The rust belt town has seen four bizarre murders in the space of two weeks. Cryptic clues left at the scenes--obscure bible verses, odd symbols--have the police stumped.Amos Decker and his FBI colleague Alex Jamison are in Baronville visiting Alex's sister and her family. It's a bleak place: a former mill and mining town with a crumbling economy and rampant opioid addiction. Decker has only been there a few hours when he stumbles on a horrific double murder scene. Then the next killing hits sickeningly close to home. And with the lives of people he cares about suddenly hanging in the balance, Decker begins to realize that the recent string of deaths may be only one small piece of a much larger scheme--with consequences that will reach far beyond Baronville. Decker, with his singular talents, may be the only one who can crack this bizarre case. Only this time--when one mistake could cost him everything--Decker finds that his previously infallible memory may not be so trustworthy after all.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,261,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible