My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance…

My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel

by Kitty Curran, Larissa Zageris (Author)

Other authors: Alice Mollon (Cover artist), Andie Reid (Designer)

My first interactive book and it wasn’t as much fun as I’d hoped. Very light hearted Regency romp that I’m sure many would enjoy. Don’t want to knock it too much as it was quite clever, but either I wasn’t in the mood or it just wasn’t my thing. ( )
  Zumbanista | Feb 3, 2019 |
It's a choose your own adventure Regency romance novel and it's fun. Definitely more pastiche than serious romance novel (the metaphors and euphemisms used during sex scenes had me rolling my eyes), this book knows its market and it's a lot of fun. I read the story lines most interesting to me and enjoyed it but the over-the-topness of some of the writing kept me from exploring every single option. Enjoyable fun. Probably easiest to read in physical format as I find a lot of page-flipping in ebooks a pain. If you like the concept and don't mind some really cliché romance writing, it's worth picking up to flip through for a couple hours. ( )
  MickyFine | Jan 7, 2019 |
I absolutely love the concept, but the story itself fell flat. It was really hard to get into the story since you immediately jump into making decision. I will reach for this again to try some other options in the future though. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Nov 21, 2018 |
The great thing about this romance novel? If you don’t like the way it ended, just go back for a re-do! You are the main character in the book, and there are several supporting characters to choose from, to accompany you on your journey towards love. You discover the man you chose turned out to be a scoundrel, or worse, a bore? Just go back to the beginning and vow to do better, because, after all, love is lovelier the second time around. This well put together book is great fun and loads of entertainment from beginning to end, wherever the end may be. ( )
  Maydacat | Nov 3, 2018 |
I picked this one up because I used to love those ‘choose-your-own-ending’ adventure books when I was younger. I read this book once through, selecting the options that I would pick and came to my ending. I thought it was a fun adventure and I was excited when I got a good ending!

I didn’t think there was much character development and some of the puns were just cheesy. But what can you expect from a 300-something page book with 5-7 different storylines? I did go back through to try to figure out each ending and where it would lead.

I still gave it a decent rating because I knew going into it that I wasn’t going to get some amazingly written, character-developed, thriller of a novel. If you know this going in then take the book as a breezy, romance, choose-your-own read, then you can have fun with it. ( )
  mindyvail | Sep 18, 2018 |

Curran, KittyAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Zageris, LarissaAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Mollon, AliceCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reid, AndieDesignersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Halt!

The course of true love never did run straight - and neither does this book.

"You are the plucky but penniless heroine in the center of eighteenth-century society; courtship season has begun, and your future is at hand. Will you flip forward fetchingly to find love with the bantering baronet Sir Benedict Granville? Or turn the page to true love with the hardworking, horse-loving highlander Captain Angus McTaggart? ... Or yet some other intriguing fate? Make choices, turn pages, and discover all the daring delights of the multiple (and intertwining) storylines"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,533,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible