dismiss

The Outpost

by Devney Perry

Series: Jamison Valley (4)

After writing an expos on a Russian crime syndicate, city news reporter Sabrina MacKenzie is on the run from hitmen. She finds safety in the mountains of Montana where Beau Holt, a U.S. Forest Service outpost ranger, volunteers to keep her safe until the situation can be resolved.

I have been reading this series out of sequence so I finally got around the book 4. It was amazing. A big city reporter on the run from the Russian mafia is hidden in the mountains by a giant hunk of a man. How could they help but fall in love. Be warned, there are many tears to be shed towards the end of this book but the Epilogue makes them all worth it for the Happily Evedr After. ( )
  ddeluna1 | Mar 19, 2020 |
*May Contain Spoilers*

This story was simply breathtaking in only the way that our beloved Devney Perry can pen a story. I definitely wanted to finish up the series and get the continuation of the characters in which we saw in the previous book “Clover Chapel” what I have really liked in quite a few of her books is the mix of contemporary romance and suspense. She always handles it in such a balanced way that it will work for every reader no matter which sub-genre you prefer. So let’s get down to what made this story so unique and precious.

Our story starts off with our heroine, Sabrina, who is a journalist and has been working undercover to bring down a crime family and now that her article is to be released to the public and the FBI ready to take down the leaders, her life is in danger and now she is need of a hiding place until everything boils over. So her partner in crime and protector is Beau, who lives in the wilds of Montana and a man of many trades. But he takes her to the most remote location ….a true wilderness and Sabrina is no country girl. She loves the city and can’t imagine waking up from this nightmare being surrounding by trees instead of city lights. But she knows she has little choice, and as Beau and Sabrina are forced in close proximity to each other, there is a chemistry that builds between them. But there is a time stamp on their time together, because at the end of the day Sabrina is a city girl and Beau is a country boy. How will this fish and bird find a nest and their own HEA? Better read it to find out LOL

What a book, I am always so impressed with Devney Perry and she is quickly becoming a personal favorite of mine. I am so grateful I discovered her beautiful stories. I was able to grab this on the “Audible Escape” package and I am so happy I did listen because this book was a true gift. I loved seeing Sabrina find her happy ending despite the danger and conflict that she faced. I did wonder how these two would end up together, but quite frankly, the way it closes the story is nothing short of perfection and I was eager for the next book and the conclusion to the series.

“Every time I drove away from her at the outpost, I fought the urge to turn back.
I wanted her. Every piece.
Maybe [she] could find a way to like it here after all. I was going to start doing whatever i could to make her fall in love with Montana.
If she did, I’d be one lucky man.”

This story was truly interesting in the opposites attract trope that we have going on. I especially loved seeing Sabrina grow from hating the Montana mountains to craving it. Its a process of course and I found myself highly entertained in her adventures in comes to love it and boy is Beau so patient with her in that growth and process of discovering her own strength in ways she never expected. I especially loved how accepting Beau is of her character. She has some mistakes in her past that she feels highly guilty and ashamed of, but Beau never treats her other than the beautiful woman she is inside and out. He sees the strength, tenacity, and drive.

Overall I found the Outpost to be a delectable intense story that delivers on every level and will capture the heart of its reader!! ( )
  addictofromance | Jan 4, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,214,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible