The Armoire by Ione Joy

The Armoire (edition 2017)

by Ione Joy (Author)

C/O eLectio Publishing
Little Elm, Texas

Re: The Armoire

Dear Mrs. Joy,

You have already noted on my Instagram that I received your gift a month ago. Thank you again for signing it for me. I have to say it took me much longer to read The Armoire than I thought. I attribute that to the religious tone.

I have never read a Christin Fiction before and there were some moments that I felt like I was listening to sermon at church. I'm not sure that I enjoyed those pieces but I wouldn't let that deter me from recommending this book to fans of Christian Fiction.

Something that made me feel critical of the story was in our main character, Max as she "scooted her chair closer...[putting] her arm[s] around her." Although receiving a degree in psychology, I felt maybe the audience would have been better suited to read her as a religious counselor.

As someone who has helped a handful of Ben Jacksons, I had a difficult time with the definitive stance of an all-mighty-do-gooder. There were many characters and so much time that passed at the back end. I just couldn't give it a full three stars.

Respectfully,

ANS
tumblr: experiencesarelike
instagram: experiencesarelike
librarything: experiencesarelike ( )
  experiencesarelike | Jun 13, 2018 |
I truly enjoyed this book! It was well written and filled with surprising twists and turns, while still maintaining the strong underlying Christian themes. Maxine’s relationship with her Grammy reminded me of my relationship with my grandmother, which brought me to tears while reading this book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, Christians and non Christians alike. I think we can all relate to the theme of finding one’s purpose in life just like Maxine did. I’m excited to read many more books by Ione Joy! ( )
  S.V.H | May 10, 2018 |
Really nice book well written, with some nice suspense and great themes and message. Christian literature well done. ( )
  ChayaLovesToRead | May 10, 2018 |
Maxine is a young woman who has always wondered what was in her grandmother’s armoire. When her grandmother passes away, Maxine inherits the key to the armoire. Delighted and excited, Maxine must first find the key. When she finally finds it, she is in for an exciting adventure filled with joy, pain and also suffering. The only thing inside the armoire is a beautiful magical feather. When she picks it up, a sparkling angel of the Lord appears. It is Maxine’s guardian angel. The angel asks Maxine what she wants most in life. Maxine confesses that she only wants to know the purpose of her life.

With that, Maxine and her guardian angel set out on an adventure. A magical experience of beautiful supernatural encounters, as well as, some more horrifying things. Through all their adventures, Maxine finds out that God does have a good plan for her life. And even though some things are hard, she learns that she must accept God’s plan.

The Armoire is a delightful supernatural story filled with beauty and tragedy. I loved the main character Maxine and warmed up to her quite quickly. She is blessed to be chosen by God to show her the purpose of her life. I felt the story was realistic, as I have had supernatural experiences and things that the Lord has shown me. I loved how our author Ione Joy shows how in life we must change the things we can and accept the things we can’t.

Maxine goes on a beautiful spiritual journey that many Christians will relate to. Even though it is a fantasy type read, reader’s will get the meaning of the story and will be able to easily apply it to their lives.

The descriptions are dazzling and enchanting. Ione Joy has created a stunning world in her fabulous book The Armoire.

The characters are likable and realistic. They are all well developed and multidimensional. Ione Joy has a way with words. She has created a beautiful painting with words that flow off the page.

The storyline is extremely creative and well thought out. There is meaning to this story and readers will be inspired.

I couldn’t put the book down and kept wondering what was going to happen next. All the adventures are exciting and interesting.

The Armoire is one of the best Christian books that I have read in a long time. It is a real page turner and very inspirational. If you enjoy Christian stories with angels, the supernatural and the beauty of the universe, this is the book for you. The experiences that Maxine goes through portrays our beautiful world with its goodness and its tragedy. It’s an exciting journey and an enjoyable read.

Ione Joy is an excellent writer and I’m looking forward to reading more books written by her. ( )
  EllaJames | Feb 26, 2018 |
The age-old question of what is our purpose in life is revealed to Maxine in this Christian-Based novel, "The Armoire," by author Ione Joy. As we follow Maxine's journey of discovery, we experience her pain and suffering, and joy. I think the theme of the book could best be summed up by the Serenity Prayer: "God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Maxine will have to experience all of these things before she can best live a purpose driven life. This is a spiritual journey you will enjoy reading. ( )
  linsleo | Nov 10, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ione Joy's book The Armoire was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Ione Joy is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,507,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible