Delirium (Delirium Trilogy, 1) by Lauren…

Delirium (Delirium Trilogy, 1) (edition 2016)

by Lauren Oliver (Author)

Series: Delirium (Omnibus 1-2)

Member:KevinVMurdock
Title:Delirium (Delirium Trilogy, 1)
Authors:Lauren Oliver (Author)
Info:HarperCollins (2016), Edition: Reprint, 480 pages

Delirium | Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

I thought this was a book that I read a long time ago, but once I got started I realized that I had never read this before. I really enjoyed it. That ending was seriously intense and I have to know what happens next! ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
I think that the idea of a society where love is viewed as a disease is quite interesting. The writer described the atmosphere of life in that world really well. The epigraph for each episode added more details and helped to understand the story's background more clearly.

The love story appeared too predictable for me. Nevertheless, I liked the main heroes, and the ending just left me without any choice. So, now I just need to read the second book:) ( )
  Diana_Hryniuk | Aug 28, 2021 |
Awesome book about the future, the USA govt. is completely totalitarian, history rewritten, information censored, education and indoctrination. All the cities walled off with electric barbed wire fences, guards and patrols everywhere.

Its all for one thing: Love. or amor deliria nervosa.

When you turn 18, you get the procedure done that cures you. The govt. pairs you up with someone and tells you how many children to have, what job to have. And the rest of life goes by in a fog.

Lena believes it all, the whole system. But then something happens the summer before her 18th birthday that changes her mind completely.

Awesome read, loved this book!
  Joy_Bush | Jul 22, 2021 |
RGG: A very YA read; lots of teenage angst. A good read-alike for The Giver. Reading Interest: 12-YA.
  rgruberexcel | Jul 3, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Delirium (Omnibus 1-2)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,169,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible