Mr. Gumpy's Outing by John Burningham

Mr. Gumpy's Outing (original 1970; edition 1990)

by John Burningham (Author)

Series: Mr. Gumpy (1)

Mr. Gumpy accepts more and more riders on his boat until the inevitable occurs.
Member:sojournbaptist
Title:Mr. Gumpy's Outing
Authors:John Burningham (Author)
Info:Square Fish (1990), Edition: First, 32 pages

Work Information

Mr. Gumpy's Outing by John Burningham (1970)

Stories
  AprilGraziano | Nov 16, 2020 |
We have one copy in English and one in French, because this book is too good not to enjoy in both the official languages of Canada. The inevitable denouement when all Mr Gumpy's passengers, although forewarned, behave according to their innate nature and capsize the boat is something that little ones might expect, because similar disasters so often happen to them. But the walk home across the fields followed by a friendly and plentiful meal reassures everyone that one mistake (apiece) doesn't mean that the day is ruined. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing. ( )
  muumi | Nov 13, 2020 |
I don't remember a lot about this one, beyond the fact that I definitely read it as a kid.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
I was so bored by this picture book that I almost DNFed it. You can find far more interesting books about boats and animals. However, I did like the art. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Jul 26, 2019 |
Mr Grumpy takes a trip along the river in his boat but his friends wanted to join him. All is going well until the boat tips over and they all fall into the river. They walk back along the fields, have tea and Mr Grumpy invites them to join him again.
  LibraryPAH | Dec 13, 2018 |
This is Mr Gumpy.

Mr. Gumpy accepts more and more riders on his boat until the inevitable occurs.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,314,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible