On the Way to You by Kandi Steiner

On the Way to You (edition 2017)

by Kandi Steiner (Author)

What makes you happy? That was the question Emery Reed asked me the day we met, and I couldn't give him a single answer. I could have said my dog, or my books, or yoga - but I just stared. And then, I got in his car. It was crazy to take a road trip with a stranger, but after years of standing still, he was my one-way ticket to a new life, and I wasn't going to miss it. We shared the same space, the same car, the same hotel room - and still, we were strangers. One day we'd be laughing, the next, we wouldn't speak. Emery was surrounded by impenetrable walls, but I wanted in. Discovering his journal changed everything. I read his thoughts, words not meant for anyone's eyes, and the more I learned about him, the harder I fell. It turned out nothing made Emery Reed happy, and I wanted to change that. I earned his trust by violating his privacy, and as wrong as it was, it worked - until one entry revealed a darkness I never knew existed, a timer I never knew was ticking. Suddenly, what made me happy was saving Emery from himself. I just didn't know if I could.… (more)
Member:Kalberts86
Title:On the Way to You
Authors:Kandi Steiner (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2017), 340 pages

Work Information

On the Way to You by Kandi Steiner

I read for a plethora of reasons. Sometimes it is just to laugh, sometimes it is to escape, and sometimes it is to be reminded that there are other people out there that are just like me, even if they are imaginary. So when I discover a book that touches on all three It is the magical trifecta.

"What makes you happy?"

The answer to this question is simple; this book, these characters, and even this subject matter. I have been both of these characters. I too had a major pivotal life-altering occurrence like Cooper and like her, it changed the course of my entire being. I loved that she wasn't a victim and instead used it as motivation to be a shining star. I have also been Emery. I struggle every day to put on my happy face but there is not a recipe for happy not even with chemicals or the snap of a finger. Some days I struggle to wear the mask, others I find my happy. It takes courage. I go to Therapy, I do yoga, and I have learned how to cope much like these characters. The author made me feel. She gave me hope. I finished reading this and thought to myself that she did a great job showing the ups and downs and how it might affect both the person going through it but also the other person.

Even if this story doesn't resonate with everyone or their experience is different it is okay because that is the beauty of books. Sometimes, just sometimes, it just takes a few words from a complete stranger to let them know that they aren't alone and more importantly that they are enough. So hats off to this author. She made me feel like someone out there gets me and in my world that is truly sublime magic. ( )
  MagicalRi | Dec 22, 2019 |
I really had to take a step back and think about my review for this book. Was it good? Yes, so far beyond good, I don't think there are words. It was more that just an"amazing" book. This book is more than a book that gives you feels. This book deals with characters on an emotional journey, this emotional journey leads to each other. One sitting still wishing to move on to a better life, and one running from the "perfect" life he has been leading.
This book tore me up, but not in the way that I thought it would. It's thought provoking, it's honest, it's raw, and it is unrelenting. This story is more than a love story, it's a story on coming to terms with your lot in life, it's coming to grips with a life different from what you thought it would be. It's sad, it's happy, it's even giddy. The love it all encompassing, and it is resolute.
This is a story that will bring you to tears, but lift you up, it will make you appreciate life, and it will make you take stock of what you thought you needed in life. This story is told in Cooper's pov only.

KGarner | Aug 4, 2018 |
I was sent this book in exchange for a review from the author. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

“What Makes You Happy?” I never thought one question could save/change your life!

This is another wild ride from Kandi Steiner. There is just something about her writing that allows you to fly through her stories. On the Way to You was no exception. Like her other reads, this does deal with some heavy subjects (you have to read this to find out). They will leave you with a heavy heart, but with hope for what is it come.

I really loved both Emery and Cooper. I loved their back stories and the journey they take together. This is a road trip romance with so many ups and downs along the way. I do feel the ending was a little rushed, but overall I just loved it! ( )
  SimplyKelina | Nov 19, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,440,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible