SantaThing signup ends Monday at 12pm Eastern US. Check it out!
dismiss

Happiness in This Life: A Passionate…

Happiness in This Life: A Passionate Meditation on Earthly Existence (edition 2017)

by Pope Francis (Author)

"A collection of homilies, speeches, and 'messages of the day' that brings together Pope Francis's wisdom on finding happiness in the here and now. For Pope Francis, the appreciation of our everyday lives is a spiritual undertaking. Joy is a divine attribute, and creating joy around us an essential part of faith. Every homily and speech in this book delivers, in warm, engaging language accessible to believers and nonbelievers alike, a key lesson, instructing readers on finding love and happiness in a chaotic world. Along the way, Pope Francis discusses the sanctity of women's rights, talks about how the love of sports can bring out our best qualities, and explains why fighting discrimination is the essence of loving thy neighbor. He shares personal stories and anecdotes from his life, provides comforting messages of hope, and discusses the ways flawed families can make you a better person. The core ideas of Francis's papacy--mercy, support for marginalized people, and diplomacy--shine through."--Dust jacket flap.… (more)
Member:dkshrugged
Title:Happiness in This Life: A Passionate Meditation on Earthly Existence
Authors:Pope Francis (Author)
Info:Random House (2017), 272 pages

Work Information

Happiness in This Life: A Passionate Meditation on Earthly Existence by Pope Francis

Meh. This is what it is. I was expecting a lot more, especially given the title "Happiness in this Life". Now, obviously its going to be religious, but its basically just Pope Francis saying "pray and you'll be happy", "believe in Jesus and you'll be happy", and similar rhetoric that is completely played out. He basically handwaves away depression, etc, and says that all you need to be happy is a faith in Jesus and God.

Sorry, but even if I was religious, I'm not so sure I'd buy that. But meh. Pass on this unless your devout Catholic. ( )
  BenKline | Jul 1, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,361,807 books! | Top bar: Always visible