Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Ouran High School Host Club, Volume 9 (2007)

by Bisco Hatori

Series: Ouran High School Host Club (Volume 9)

One day, Haruhi, a scholarship student at exclusive Ouran High School, breaks an $80,000 vase that belongs to the 'Host Club', a mysterious campus group consisting of six super-rich (and gorgeous) guys. To pay back the damages, she is forced to work for the club, and it's there that she discovers just how wealthy the boys are and how different they are from everybody else.… (more)

This one had a few episodes that weren't on the show. I think it's getting more in more into some of the newer stuff I wouldn't have seen before. I really love this series and will be sad to see it go when I make it to the end. That's why I'm just taking my time with it. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
We see how the twins meet Tamaki in first part of this volume. They were really horrible before the Host Club. They would trick girls and just be mean because they could. But Tamaki with his way of seeing through people is determined to get them to be part of his club. Tamaki is so over-the-top, I love him. Then he gets sick. He is a drama queen and poor Haruhi is as clueless has he is. Everyone else knows about Tamaki feels but Tamaki and Haruhi. But it is not annoying, as that trope can sometimes be, instead it is just funny. Tamaki's father is in this volume too. I like him and he really loves Tamaki. But I think the best story in this volume is the middle one. A new girl comes to school and looks like Tamaki's mother. He makes everyone crazy, catering to her every want. When Tamaki and Haruhi talk about, they have a bonding moment. She understands what it is like, chasing memories of mother. It was very touching.

I give this volume a Five out of Five stars. ( )
  lrainey | May 4, 2016 |
So good! The Ouran High School Host Club is back with more hilarious and thrilling adventures! The twins are my favorite characters, and in this volume we get one of their "origin" stories, about how Tamaki convinced them to join the Host Club.

Plus, we get Tamaki-Haruhi growth! Admittedly, it's basically erased by Tamaki's stupidity, but still. It happened.

This volume's only fault is that it felt a little short. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Jan 22, 2013 |
Il primo volume di host che ho comprato. Magnifico. ( )
  -_-silvia-_- | Apr 5, 2008 |
This volume starts off with the tale of how the Hitachiin twins met Tamaki and how he shanghaied them into participating in the Host Club (lots of tickling involved LOL) A young girl who looks like someone Tamaki cares deeply about appears and throws the Club President into host mode overdrive. An empathetic comment at the end of this chapter by Haruhi to Tamaki, along with his continuing confusion left over from dealing with the evil appearing and yet mostly harmless Bossa Nova's Haruhi obsession, causes him to take to his sick bed.

I really loved the chapter where Tamaki is struggling with his desires towards Haruhi, he's a complete head case! I had always thought his "father" thing was a way of keeping distance, but apparently he really had deluded himself into thinking it's true. Of course, his feelings really aren't exactly fatherly towards her and it is causing him no end of angst. I also enjoyed Bunny's moments of insight on the plot (what a cutie!). I think volume 8 and 9 have been my faves so far of the series. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Feb 28, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,336,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible