The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore by Kim Fu

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore (2018)

by Kim Fu

"From the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy,agrippingand deeply felt novel about a group of young girls at a remote camp--and the night that changes everything and will shape their lives for decades to come A group of young girls descend on Camp Forevermore, a sleepaway camp in the Pacific Northwest, where their days are filled with swimming lessons, friendship bracelets, and camp songs by the fire. Filled with excitement and nervous energy, they set off on an overnight kayaking trip to a nearby island.But before the night is over, they find themselves stranded, with no adults to help them survive or guide them home.The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore tracesthese fivegirls--Nita, Kayla, Isabel, Dina, and Siobhan--through and beyond this fateful trip. We see them through successes and failures, loving relationships and heartbreaks; we see what it means to find, and define, oneself, and the ways in which the same experience is refracted through different people. In diamond-sharpprose, Kim Fu gives us a portrait of friendship and of the families we build for ourselves--and the pasts we can't escape"--"From the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy, a gripping and deeply felt novel about a group of young girls at a remote camp--and the night that changes everything and will shape their lives for decades to come"--… (more)

Tragedy of five girls who can't seem to get a grip on life after being left to their own resources for 2-4 days on a island after the death of their counselor. Or maybe they never would have. They none of them seem particularly interesting or bighearted or attractive. ( )
  quondame | Apr 26, 2019 |
An enjoyable, quick, lark of a book. It's a look into the lives of 5 girls after a traumatic event binds them together and simultaneously drives them apart. I really flew right through it, which unfortunately also means I didn't find a lot of emotional connection with the characters or situation. ( )
  Katie_Roscher | Jan 18, 2019 |
Some pre-teen girls have a bad camping trip then go on to live fairly normal lives. That’s the gist of this book. It would have made more sense to me if their lives had been impacted more significantly by the camping experience or if the girls had interacted as adults. I was pretty disappointed with the ending too. ( )
  redwritinghood38 | Nov 6, 2018 |
I liked this book....didn't love it. This is the story of 5 girls who become lost and stranded on a remote island while attending camp. They are all around 11 years old. The format of the book is to separate short chapters about what happened at camp with longer stories about each of the girls...their backstories and what happened to them as they reached adulthood. Through these stories, we witness how that experience affected their choices and personalities. Some were more affected than others. Because the girls had almost no contact with each other following their rescue, the book is more like a series of connected stories than a novel. It's well written and the characters are all engaging and well developed. ( )
  LynnB | Aug 24, 2018 |
For JP
The girls stood on the dock and sang the camp song.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,741,017 books! | Top bar: Always visible