Alien Agenda: Investigating the…

Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us (1997)

by Jim Marrs

203587,393 (3.53)1

Jim Marrs has been putting out high quality work for some time. Backing his hard work with extensive research of over 30 years experience, Marrs has set the research bar high with books like The Rise Of The Fourth Reich, Rule By Secrecy, Our Occulted History, and Popular Control. This book is no different.

Alien Agenda – Investigating The Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us is definitely one of the most seminal and top-tier no-nonsense books on UFOs out there.

In a realm of research that that is littered with countless books with not much sourced material, and even more witness and whistleblower testimony, this book is definitely near the top tier.

As a book for someone just getting in, this book is really top notch. The only book I would recommend more personally would be Richard Dolan’s UFOs For The 21st Century Mind: A Fresh Guide To An Ancient Mystery.

Taking a thorough and methodical approach which is signature in all of his books, Marrs brings the reader along the journey of all things UFOlogy. Notably, this book covers a wide breadth of the information within the UFO field. From issues with NASA, to The Moon, Ancient Astronauts, to Roswell, and even intricate subjects like Area 51, Crop Circles, and some of the most widely known UFO accounts, Marrs sought to leave no stone unturned. The book really is a veritable encyclopedia of much of this elusive and thought-provoking phenomena.

If the book only covered those above topics, that would still make it a great book, knowing reliance on sourced material Marrs employs. But there’s more. Marrs also covers abstruse subjects such as abductions & missing time, the CIA, MJ-12, cattle mutilations, remote viewing, and even takes a metaphysical gander into ‘the phenomenon’ that’s quite unique. This book really employs a wide range. Marrs even ventures into the role of big finance in this abstruse subject.

Another salient point is that this book is footnoted to the hilt! That ALONE takes this to a whole different level, which is rarely achieved in UFOlogy except only by the best researchers. That is one reason why my respect of Jim Marrs has only grown overtime, because he doesn’t just connect dots that people can’t verify themselves.

For everything it offers, this book offers a lot of value. Anyone really interested in the subject would be doing themselves a great disservice by overlooking it. This book is a must have. ( )
  ZyPhReX | Apr 25, 2017 |
One of my Wifi radio channels is set to Art Bell radio show reruns. Jim Marrs was one of Art's guests discussing this book. The oral discussion was interesting so I ended up buying the book more out of curiosity than anything else.

The introduction of the book presents the case that everyday reasoning has to be set aside in order to appreciate the book's content. So I tried to read the book from a neutral perspective. The first 70% or so of the book was pretty interesting. Learned about all sorts of aspects of the paranormal involving UFOs and related. The book provided background for topics I thought I had previously understood (but did not). At about the 70% point in the book, the author waded into remote viewing. I am aware of the topic generally so I tried to soak up the reading with an open mind. Did not work. The author started to draw conclusions and apply reasoning that I just could not follow. The remaining sections of the book just got further and further out from the norm. I found the remainder of the book tough to read. I tried multiple attempts to read and reread this last section over various evenings. But essentially failed. I guess that I have been brainwashed into being a drone of society and not enlightened enough and unable to see the light.

Interesting reading for the out of the ordinary content. However, the extended reasoning and ultimate conclusions got me lost. ( )
  usma83 | Apr 23, 2017 |
  monnowman | Sep 18, 2010 |
Unread
  1DomesticTerrorist | Jan 13, 2008 |
Useful as one of those books you can hand to a friend who is curious (but ignorant) about ufology and the conspiracy folklore that surrounds it, saying "Here: read this - it pretty much covers everything." ( )
  monnow | Apr 7, 2007 |
(intro) The controversy over the existence of UFOs is over.
(chap. 1) One particularly bright, circular object has been observed moving through Earth's skies since the beginning of human history.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060955368, Paperback)

Alien Agenda is the silk thread leading the way through the maze of UFO literature into the heart of the UFO controversy. While he begins with the premise that the existence of UFOs cannot be denied, Jim Marrs (author of Crossfire, the mother of all John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy books) boldly strides into the battle over what UFOs are and why they are here. Marrs's investigative skills are invaluable in this re-examination of questions that have been overlooked, unaddressed, or unsatisfactorily resolved.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:32 -0400)

Offers a study of evidence of extraterrestrial life, providing explanations of UFOs, evidence of government cover-ups, and proof that Earth has been visited by alien life forms.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,339,825 books! | Top bar: Always visible