Complete Idiot's Guide to Near-Death…

Complete Idiot's Guide to Near-Death Experiences

242649,172 (5)None
Member:neardeath
Title:Complete Idiot's Guide to Near-Death Experiences
Authors:
Info:

Complete Idiot's Guide to Near-Death Experiences by P. M. H. Lh.D. Atwater

As an avid lover of the paranormal and a person that has suffered the loss of a loved one recently, I have been looking into the near death experience. As I stayed with my family member until he took his last breath I started to have many questions. What was it like for him? Did he suffer or did he know what was going on around him while he laid unconscious? Did he have any regrets and what is death like? Does someone come and get you or is it a journey that you have to make alone? This book is one of many resources that I have used to answer my questions. It has a vast amount of answers and examples that have left me feeling that I can finally move on. I no longer feel weighed down and have some closure. I highly recommend this book for someone who has a loved one in hospice or has experienced death. It makes it much easier too deal with the subject of death and those that are dying might be interested in reading it. ( )
  Jennifer35k | Aug 18, 2013 |
I promised to work on a couple more books about the afterlife, and wanted to include this one. I went through a period a while back where I grew fascinated by studies of life after death, and delved into a number of different approaches to the topic. Scientific studies, though woefully inadequate to date, make for fascinating reading. I think we’re just wired that way.

I read about hauntings, claims of reincarnation, visits to heaven and hell, séances, and just general paranormal events. (My computer just changed my misspelling of “paranormal” to “paranoia;” a reasonable faux pas.) More unproven than scientific, these books nevertheless kept me entertained. There is, however, one subtopic that stands head-and-shoulders above the rest, as worthy of further study.

That’s near-death experiences (NDE’s). But it’s still difficult to locate an unbiased treatment. So biased are both the believers and the debunkers that it’s quite a challenge to sort out what’s legitimate and what’s not.

This Idiot’s Guide proved to be a well-balanced introduction. It provides not only accounts of various NDEs, but science’s response. Then, the debunkers are debunked, and finally the religious get their say on the matter too. (NDE’s do not always support our religious beliefs; in fact, the stories of NDE’s tend to irritate exclusivists who can’t stomach the idea that non-believers share the same often-glorious experiences.)

Recommended. ( )
  DubiousDisciple | Dec 4, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,134,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible