American King by Sierra Simone

American King (2017)

by Sierra Simone

American King is the third and final book in this spectacular trilogy( although there is a novella that is Merlin’s book that I am very curious about and would love to read next. But this trilogy had tore me upside down and sideways and yet gives back tenfold with such satisfying feels that I couldn’t get enough of this three way pairing. If you are curious to try out a ménage love affair than this book is definitely for you. I wish that this had been my first try out in ménage —because my first book in ménage was not a good experience or maybe ten years ago I just wasn’t as open for it as I am not. My reading tastes have definitely developed over the years however this trilogy is so epic and worth every moment.

I wouldn’t be complete without her, and neither would Embry. She was made to be my wife, and we were made to be a three.

It is a bit sad to see this trilogy have its conclusion but what a CONCLUSION. Now I am on the fence with how I feel about the ending, I can see why Sierra Simone developed the ending the way that she did, but at the same time it wasn’t what I was really hoping for and one of my least favorite endings to be honest. I don’t hate it or anything I just was hoping for it to be different than how it actually happened. There is a HEA though so for curious readers, all three do find their happy ending it just didn’t end the way I would have liked more. But that is Sierra Simone, she is a bit unconventional especially in her endings.

what happens between the three of us is unspoken, navigated spontaneously and in the moment, but there are always certain roles we magnetize to. Greer, the compliant. Ash, the master. Me, the mood-ring of a lover, shifting and changing depending on the day, the hour, the minute.three of us are thoughtless, reflexive beasts, joined so elementally that there’s no separating us. We are one, we are one, and my body burns and sings with the truth.

I am really making an effort to not spoil this book more than I absolutely have to, but there was something so emotionally raw about this conclusion. There is still quite a bit of sex (okay hot and great sex scenes here) but we see certain aspects of the plot play out in a certain way. There are some revelations that unravels and secrets about Merlin that we discover. And there is more development with Carpathia as well and the danger it’s poses against all three of them. I really enjoyed to see the climax of the story really build up the way that it does.

My love for the two of you exist inside your love for each other – when you love each other, you are loving me

I was so addicted with the relationships that we see between these three. From Ash to Greer, Greer To Ash, Embry To Ash, Embry to Greer. In this book especially we see that even though are some conflicts happening due to certain plot points, we see that their love for each other is stronger than ever. And that is the one thing that isn’t ever in doubt. What was also a fun aspect was seeing Ash’s viewpoint FINALLY!! We see a bit of his childhood, meeting Merlin, his bond with both Greer and Embry and his strong sense of honor and responsibility. We see what a truly great President and leader he truly is, We see how even the love between them is strong, there is still hurt and emotional struggle that we see them all overcome and I love their courage through the challenges they all face. This story is a story of sacrifice, loyalty. sensuality and the lengths one goes to in order to protect those one loves, its a final conclusion to a breathtaking love tale that is stunning in its portrayal, and my hat goes off to Sienna Simone that penned such a in depth story that is hot enough to steam the windows and tugs at the heartstrings in a fundamental way. TRULY A ROMANTIC TREASURE!

There’s only what should have been from the beginning, which is this love the three of us have found like a city in the desert, strange and holy. Empty and waiting for us ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 30, 2019 |
Sublime bliss

There are books that strive to find that magic or bliss. This series went beyond even that. In my mind, it was nothing short of seeking the mellifluous sublime.

I'm speechless. Totally gobsmacked. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this book or this conclusion would impact me the way that it did. Having a degree in literature had me see this from a different perspective. I'm well versed in the story. However, nothing could have prepared me for the story that this author created. To be able to tie in so many parts of literature like Tennison, and Lady of the lake was nothing short of a miracle especially as she did it with a fluidity that leaves my mouth agape. She truly is exceptional and in a masterclass all herself. While this story just had elements of the lore, the fact that the author could tie it all together was mind-boggling. The number of details the author utilized to create this story sent me on a journey I am not sure I will ever get over. I am quite sure that she has broken me. All preconceived thoughts that people tend to have toward romance novels need to just stop. This is amongst the finest that I have read. I read A LOT. I love all of them, yet, this book is teetering on the edge of joining a select few that are reserved for things that change me and these books did that. Boy, did they ever (just ask my sobbing eyes as I try and make sense to ramble my thoughts out on the computer after reading all three of these books in a row and staying up all night to do it,)

Every scene was executed to perfection. From the characteristics of Ash, Greer, and Embry to their kink, to secondary characters, politics, setting, and ultimately to the connection. I loved each of these characters. Unlike in The Twilight series, there was no #TeamAsh, #TeamEmbery, or#TeamGreer. It is unfathomable to think that way because there is no one team over the other. It took all three of them to be complete. I ugly cried harder than I do for real people. The love was real. It was so pure and unadulterated. In a nutshell, it truly was sublime bliss.

This truly has been bounds down the best one of the best series that I have ever read. It broke me, made me sob, and finally put me back together again. Only this time it changed my inner template and reminded me again why I love and bleed literature. If the author decided to never write again, she could know she went out with one hell of a bang because these books will live on. I feel bad that this crappy review is not going to be enough to even portray how extraordinary this series is. ( )
  MagicalRi | Apr 15, 2019 |
I'm not usually one for the Camelot myth but this book hooked in through the end. Dark, exciting and full of angst plus drama. ( )
  bit-of-a-list-tiger | Jul 21, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,851,775 books! | Top bar: Always visible