Gingerbread at Moonglow by Deborah Garner

Gingerbread at Moonglow (edition 2017)

by Deborah Garner (Author)

115,380,571 (5)None
Member:beckvalleybooks
Title:Gingerbread at Moonglow
Authors:Deborah Garner (Author)
Info:Cranberry Cove Press (2017)
Rating:*****

Gingerbread at Moonglow by Deborah Garner

Recently added bybeckvalleybooks

No tags.

A truly satisfying, enjoyable read, wrapping the real Christmas spirit around you as you follow the lovable staff and delightful guests for the Christmas celebrations at the Timberton Hotel once again. A heartwarming simple story of days gone by without the need of technology, enjoying this magical season with love, friendships, kindness, tales around the fire, laughter and games. Not forgetting the most delicious cooking from Mist as she begins to prepare for the celebrations, the aromas from the kitchen not only work it's way around the hotel but into the readers mind. And the most realistic smell of orange pomanders Betty had organized for the guests drifted so easily into my mind!

Mist, Betty, Clive and the gang are the most accommodating people you could wish for, giving to all their guests needs and more as they spread their special touches throughout the hotel. Mist as ever, with her spiritual creativity is an absolute delight. One special touch, and a fun opening to the story, was how one of these ideas went a little crazy, what followed was a story full of charm and a pleasure to read.

Reading these stories by Deborah Garner has now become my tradition to the lead up to Christmas, I read this just before we started to put up the Christmas decorations, it was the perfect way to start my favorite time of the year. Numerous cookie recipes at the end of the book was a fabulous bonus to this uplifting read. ( )
  beckvalleybooks | Dec 7, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,834,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible