Our House by Louise Candlish

Our House (original 2018; edition 2019)

by Louise Candlish (Author)

Member:MissTamaraDawn
Title:Our House
Authors:Louise Candlish (Author)
Info:Berkley (2019), Edition: Reprint, 416 pages
Rating:***

Our House by Louise Candlish (2018)

Oh my gosh - I feel like I have just gotten off of a roller coaster reading this book - so many twists and turns and mystery and suspense. I found this book to have an original plot and to be quite a page turner. I am thankful to Net Galley and the publisher for providing me with a copy for my honest review. I have already gone and bought this book in hardback to keep with my collection of favorite books. ( )
  debbiebellows | Jun 1, 2019 |
I did enjoy this story but like many here, i would say it could have been tighter and more concise. It did drag on a bit. Lots of good twists and turns though to keep the reader motivated. I liked the writing style and the format. I loved the karma aspect but was left a little empty with the ending. Would read this author again. ( )
  clamato | May 6, 2019 |
3.5 stars

Though neither main character was particularly likable, Fi a bit too sanctimonious and Bram far too self important, I definitely enjoyed this novel. Even when I was sure Bram couldn't make his situation any worse, he continued to do so, right up to the end. I will say that I'm not a particular fan of cliffhangers, so the ending left something to be desired for me. However, overall, the plot intricacies made this a real page turner. ( )
  kelseymorgan88 | Apr 25, 2019 |
Wow, this book has gotten a lot of really stellar reviews - I'm sorry that I cannot join in. My main problems with this book are: 1. It was about 100 pages too long and just dragged on and on. 2. It would have been better if told in real time rather than the two main characters looking back and telling their stories later. 3. The characters (Fiona and Bram) seemed like cut-outs, and I felt little empathy for either one of them.
The best part of the book were the last two pages which added a delightful demonic twist to the story and saved this review from being totally negative. ( )
  flourgirl49 | Apr 1, 2019 |
Excellent ( )
  sasp424 | Mar 6, 2019 |

"From an internationally acclaimed author, a disturbing and addictive novel of domestic suspense where secrets kept hidden from spouses cause shocking surprises that hit home ... There's nothing unusual about a new family moving in at 91 Trinity Avenue. Except it's her house. And she didn't sell it. When Fiona Lawson comes home to find strangers moving into her house, she's sure there's been a mistake. She and her estranged husband, Bram, have a modern coparenting arrangement: bird's nest custody, where each parent spends a few nights a week with their two sons at the prized family home to maintain stability for their children. But the system built to protect their family ends up putting them in terrible jeopardy. In a domino effect of crimes and misdemeanors, the nest comes tumbling down. Now Bram has disappeared and so have Fiona's children. As events spiral well beyond her control, Fiona will discover just how many lies her husband was weaving and how little they truly knew each other. But Bram's not the only one with things to hide, and some secrets are best kept to oneself, safe as houses"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,564,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible