Molecules (Scientific American Library) by…

Molecules (Scientific American Library) (edition 1987)

by P. W. Atkins (Author)

Originally published in 2003, this is the second edition of a title that was called 'the most beautiful chemistry book ever written'. In it, we see the molecules responsible for the experiences of our everyday life - including fabrics, drugs, plastics, explosives, detergents, fragrances, tastes, and sex. With engaging prose Peter Atkins gives a non-technical account of an incredible range of aspects of the world around us, showing unexpected connections, and giving an insight into how this amazing world can be understood in terms of the atoms and molecules from which it is built. The second edition includes dozens of extra molecules, graphical presentation, and an even more accessible and enthralling account of the molecules themselves.… (more)
Member:waldwickmediacenter
Title:Molecules (Scientific American Library)
Authors:P. W. Atkins (Author)
Info:Times Books (1987), Edition: First Printing, 289 pages

Molecules by P. W. Atkins

Almost nothing to inform a professional chemist here, but of interest to laymen. ( )
  hcubic | Aug 6, 2017 |
Peter Atkins is the Feynman of chemistry. ( )
  br77rino | Jun 10, 2017 |
Anyone who likes chemistry will enjoy this book. The chapter organization allows you to compare the structures of different molecules taht have similar functions. Stunning photographs and diagrams allow for easy visualization. Peter Atkins' writing is inviting and gives an appreciation of the beauty and complexity of molecules. Gain a better understanding and greater sense of wonder for the chemicals we use every day. Michelle H, Museum Education, 4/25/2008
  omsi | Apr 25, 2008 |
Colorful depictions and capsule descriptions of many different substances. Could serve, I suppose, to seduce freshmen into becoming chem and biochem majors.
  fpagan | Nov 25, 2006 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,748,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible