One Week Friends, Vol. 1 by Matcha Hazuki

One Week Friends, Vol. 1

by Matcha Hazuki

811,471,580 (3.5)None

I had reservations when I picked up this book at the library as I am not a fan of amnesia stories or the Japanese four-panel, top-to-bottom gag strip format, but I was won over by the end of the volume. The concept of a teenage girl forgetting all her friends every Monday morning is silly, but at least the creator includes a character who also finds it unlikely and is constantly questioning it and picking away at it. Also, the story isn't told exclusively in the gag format, with more than half of the pages in each chapter reverting to a traditional story layout. I wish the gag format wasn't used at all, but at least it doesn't dominate the book. I'll definitely try a second volume. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,909,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible