Shattered Fear: A Novella of Romantic…

Shattered Fear: A Novella of Romantic Suspense (Sons of Broad) (edition 2018)

by Tara Thomas (Author)

Member:kmartin802
Title:Shattered Fear: A Novella of Romantic Suspense (Sons of Broad)
Authors:Tara Thomas (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2018)
Collections:Kindle, Reviewed, Read but unowned, 2017
Tags:Review, NetGalley, Kindle, Novella, Romantic Suspense

Shattered Fear: A Novella of Romantic Suspense (Sons of Broad) by Tara Thomas

Recently added byPelusa41, kmartin802

Received an ARC at no cost to author. This is a new author for me, but I love thrillers and suspense book and it has been a while that I have read one. I am a little conflicted with this book, this book was broken into three segments or novellas so yes they are fairly short but honestly I think it really should have been one. I also felt that these were keystone cops they could not get a clue on what the heck was happening. So we meet Janie who is an undercover car as a bartender, and there she meet Brent a billionaire playboy. They are instantly attracted to each other, but Brent is a suspect and she ends up breaking the rules with him. what happens, well on book 2..because thru it all I needed to confirm my suspicions, while they were really obvious. ( )
  Pelusa41 | Feb 8, 2018 |
This novella introduces the Sons of Broad romantic suspense series. The setting is Charleston where a serial killer is targeting young women without families. They have been disappearing from a local club. The Prologue introduces The Gentleman and the nameless minion who is kidnapping girls for him. The minion is a gambler who owes The Gentleman half a million. He also apparently has ties to the police department since he knows Janie has been assigned to work undercover.

Janie is a police officer who is undercover at the club working as a bartender. There she meets Brent Taylor who is a rich guy who is also really handsome. She starts dating him despite the fact that he fits the profile of the kidnapper. They are shot at and Janie is removed from the case for her relationship with Brent. However, since a homeless guy she befriended outside the club is murdered, she doesn't want to let the case go and decides to investigate on her own.

The story ends on a cliffhanger and has a few things that bothered me. First of all, Janie is awfully weepy for a police officer. Also the relationship with Brent happened very quickly. I know that things have to happen fast in a novella but I still thought the relationship got too serious too fast. I also thought that Janie going from suspended to fired in the course of a couple of days seemed pretty unrealistic and looked like a potential lawsuit for the police department.

I am eager to see where the clue that Janie smelled a minty cedar smell and has linked it to the kidnapper goes in the next novella. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jan 3, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,943,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible