BRAVE by Rose McGowan

BRAVE (original 2018; edition 2018)

by Rose McGowan (Author)

"The surprising and captivating memoir and radical manifesto of one of the most controversial women in Hollywood--actress, activist, musician, director, and all-around feminist badass Rose McGowan"--
Member:Convopeace
Title:BRAVE
Authors:Rose McGowan (Author)
Info:HarperOne (2018), 272 pages

Brave by Rose McGowan (2018)

This book is awful. I literally had to force myself to finish it. I get that she had a hard life and bad things happened to he but I just wanted to slap her. And the way she keeps complaining about hating acting and her jobs in Hollywood just pissed me off. If she hated it so much she could have done something else. So she had no skills. Me neither. I work retail. It pays the bills. ( )
  JessBass87 | Jul 4, 2021 |
What a story - what a life - I was a bit upset by the charmed part, but she didn't expect one to get her feelings on the matter - we loved the character, as she said, she lived her life and her characters life - the life she has had is completely upsetting and a struggle - I'm glad she's in a good headspace right now, I can keep saying WOW ( )
  ashezbookz | Oct 20, 2020 |
I've never swore as much in my life as I have reading this book. I would be reading and every so often I would just mutter: "F* ( )
  OptimisticCautiously | Sep 16, 2020 |
  OptimisticCautiously | Sep 16, 2020 |
the first 20% of this book, in which McGowan talks about her childhood and early life, wasn't particularly engaging to me, but I'm so glad I didn't dnf this one. once she starts writing about Hollywood and sexism and women's issues, she's at her best and the rest of the book is really powerful. ( )
  KimMeyer | Oct 1, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,445,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible