A Winterfold Christmas

by Harriet Evans

Series: Winterfold (1.5)

732,005,924 (4)None
A Winterfold Christmas is a short but sweet Christmas short story to put you in the festive mood from Sunday Times Top Five bestselling author Harriet Evans. When chef Joe Thorne rashly promises to cook Christmas dinner for his girlfriend Cat's family, little does he know what he's letting himself in for... At Winterfold, their beautiful rambling house in the heart of the English countryside, things have always been done a certain way and Martha Winter, matriarch of the clan, knows what she wants. Still reeling from her husband's death and the loss of her perfect family, is Martha ready to enjoy Christmas? Will the Winter family be able to come together one more time? Packed with recipes for you to try, favourite carols and Christmas memories, A Winterfold Christmas is a festive story to warm the heart.… (more)

This was a very short Novella about the Winter family Christmas plans and event. I did not read the book that this was a spin-off from so was a little confused about where and how some of the family fit together but it was still a cute story. After reading other reveiwers comments it is a wrap up of the book "A Place For Us" so I would recommend that you read that first. I will go back and read it now as my interest in these characters is definitely peaked.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
A Winterfold Christmas by [Evans, Harriet]I was given this book by NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Reading Harriet Evans' books give me a cozy, at-home feeling. In A Winterfold Christmas the Winter family are awaiting a family reunion. This reunion is to take place over Christmas. Martha Winter enjoys the joyful feeling of having family around but also feels the ghosts of the past surround her. This is a magical time and this is a wonderful place to experience it.

As with other works of Harriet Evans, she has a gift to make the reader feel that warm feeling that comes when most families come together. ( )
  ksnapier | Sep 15, 2018 |
Having read and loved A Place for Us, it was so nice to meet up with the Winter family again to nicely round off their story. Joe Thorne is making the Christmas dinner this year, something that has always been the domain of the matriarch of the family, Martha Winter. Of course, things don't go quite to plan but it all ends happily, as you would expect with a festive read. I loved this novella and look forward to reading more by Harriet Evans in the future. ( )
  nicx27 | Dec 15, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,236,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible