Descender Volume 5: Rise of the Robots

by Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen (Illustrator)

Series: Descender (22-26)

The first major DESCENDER event is here.This is what it has all been building to. The Robot Resistance rises up andtightens it's iron grip n the universe as the origins of The Harvesters arefinally revealed and the galaxy is thrown into all outwar! A new chapter of the Sci Fi epicbegins here by superstar creators JEFF LEMIRE and DUSTINNGUYEN Collects DESCENDER issues#22-26.… (more)

English (12)  Spanish (1)  All languages (13)
Lots of buildup in this one to an excellent ending, but some of the side bits (Vampires? Really?) seem like filler and don't add anything but pages. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Apr 11, 2022 |
More good progression and tightening up of the plotlines and tension into the final confrontation. ( )
  hissingpotatoes | Dec 28, 2021 |
There's things that still niggle at me in this series. I hate Driller. And the good Tim is still a touch too Pinocchio for me.

But overall, this series gets better and better as it draws to its conclusion. ( )
  TobinElliott | Sep 3, 2021 |
From it beautiful cover to the excellent artwork inside, this volume covers a lot of territory and action. The story is divided amongst several main characters, and the universe is now on the brink of war. Tim-21 is the key to it all, and both sides feel they are in the right.

The story lines feature favorite characters like Driller, Andy and Effie, Telsa and Quon but the coming confrontation between mankind and robots overshadows everything. The climax is coming, the stories are starting to converge, the robots are making their move. The action isn’t everything as Lemire poses many questions about the relationship between man and machine and ensures that we are given much to reflect upon. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Aug 18, 2021 |
And we're back to being fun again! :)

The uprising has really begun! Tim has bit more agency now and being the chosen one (for the robots) is actually pretty interesting and not lame. :)

The promise of a lot of SF action and all-out war is here... at least a bit. I must continue as I can. It has gotten better. ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |

Jeff Lemireprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nguyen, DustinIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
The planet Mata. "You can't do this, TIM-22."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,321,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible