Claiming Felicity (Ace Security Book 4) by…

Claiming Felicity (Ace Security Book 4) (edition 2018)

by Susan Stoker (Author)

Former mercenary Ryder Sinclair's stunning discovery that he has three half brothers in Castle Rock, Colorado, is giving them all the chance to color in the spaces of their tragic pasts. For Ryder, establishing roots is made all the more desirable by Felicity Jones. But if Ryder's instincts are correct, this breathtaking beauty is in trouble. Castle Rock isn't Felicity's home. Like her false identity, it's just a cover. All she wants is enough cash to keep moving to another temporary hideaway--to stay on the run from a secret that's haunted her for years. As safe as Ryder's strong embrace makes her feel, she fears that falling for him, and staying in Colorado, will put everyone she's come to love in danger. The more Ryder learns about Felicity, the more determined he is not to let her go. It's time for her to stop running--even as a relentless danger closes in, threatening their love and their lives.… (more)
Member:treehousereader
Title:Claiming Felicity (Ace Security Book 4)
Authors:Susan Stoker (Author)
Info:Montlake Romance (2018), 262 pages
Tags:Romantic Suspense

Claiming Felicity by Susan Stoker

DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: Falling in love could expose a woman in hiding, in the fourth Ace Security novel from New York Times bestselling author Susan Stoker.
Former mercenary Ryder Sinclair’s stunning discovery that he has three half brothers in Castle Rock, Colorado, is giving them all the chance to color in the spaces of their tragic pasts. For Ryder, establishing roots is made all the more desirable by Felicity Jones. But if Ryder’s instincts are correct, this breathtaking beauty is in trouble.
Castle Rock isn’t Felicity’s home. Like her false identity, it’s just a cover. All she wants is enough cash to keep moving to another temporary hideaway—to stay on the run from a secret that’s haunted her for years. As safe as Ryder’s strong embrace makes her feel, she fears that falling for him, and staying in Colorado, will put everyone she’s come to love in danger.
The more Ryder learns about Felicity, the more determined he is not to let her go. It’s time for her to stop running—even as a relentless danger closes in, threatening their love and their lives ( )
  treehousereader | Jan 14, 2020 |

The Blah...
-she has been on the run for years, hiding who she is. Then, some guy shows up out of the blue, says he is the 1/2 brother of the Anderson triplets, and gives her his background. She just blinding believes him? Anyone who has been on the run for that long would be more skeptical. She would want to verify his identity in SOME way.

-the insta love is STRONG. Like, its a bit much even for me! Ace is totally in love the moment he sees her and then just pushes himself into her life. The ironic thing is that the guy she is fleeing was an abusive, controlling asshole. Ace kind of comes off the same way. But, because he swears he would never hurt her, its ok? Y'all know if I think the insta love was too much, then its gotta be a problem.
The Beautiful...
-the villain is actually devious! The things he does...diabolical and really show a depth of dedication to ruining lives. Its scary, but in a well written character kind of way.

-Felicity is a tough woman. I thought her reactions to various situations were realistic and appropriate.
The Bottom Line...
The end was unexpected, so I appreciated that. I liked that the epilogue gave us a little snippet of each couple, since they have all been part of this journey. This series is my least favorite Stoker series though. It hurts me to even say it since I tend to adore everything she writes, but this series is one I won't be rereading.

Mom, skip this series. :)

• POV: 3rd

• Tears: no

• Trope: secret identity, on the run

• Triggers: there are scenes of domestic violence, and mentions of sex trafficking by the villain

• Series/Standalone: stand alone within an interconnected series.

• Cliffhanger: no

• HEA: yes

books by Maryann Jordan, Pamela Clare, Anne Elizabeth, Sharon Hamilton...then you will probably like Claiming Felicity!

Claiming Felicity

See full review on The Book Disciple ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Ryder is alpha hot! He has all kind toughness but beneath it all he is a softy with a huge heart. Castle Rock, Colorado is where he meets Felicity while he is meeting his ½ brothers for the first time. Imagine that stress and then he walks in on all the drama surrounding Felicity. Talk about a lot going on in his world. But he manages to keep it all together, open his heart to his new family and to find the love of his life.

The brother’s in this story are all alpha males. I loved that they questioned Ryder when he arrived but accepted him as their brother when it really counted. They opened their homes, their families, and their business without ever doubting Ryder’s reliability. It was wonderful to see a man who had no family get accepted into a large, loving family.

The storyline of Ryder and Felicity was intense. A woman on the run, a man wanting to taunt her and kill her, and in walks her hero. It was refreshing to see Felicity not fall apart, she stood strong, accepted help, and stayed involve in saving her own life. Felicity is a strong character that had a rough life but managed to find happiness in an unlikely place.

I am new to the Ace Security series and am excited to read more about these amazing brothers. I am also excited to learn more about the Mercenary Men and their stories. ( )
  Charlotte_Lynn | Jul 24, 2018 |
We finally got Felicity's book and her new love interest Ryder. Ryder was the long lost Anderson brothers. While yes, I eventually got into it, the way that he claimed her literally right as soon as he met her was truly ridiculous to me. First get to know her, and Felicity supposedly was scared because of that nutcase Joseph, and yet without knowing Ryder she felt so safe..please acknowledge that we as readers have some sort of brain. ( )
  Pelusa41 | Mar 26, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,638,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible