Beard with Me (Winston Brothers Book 6) by…

Beard with Me (Winston Brothers Book 6) (edition 2019)

by Penny Reid (Author)

Member:whatalicesaw
Title:Beard with Me (Winston Brothers Book 6)
Authors:Penny Reid (Author)
Info:Cipher-Naught (2019), 352 pages
Rating:*****

Beard with Me by Penny Reid

Tragic, heartbreaking, tear jerking, story of the horror of Scarlet, Billy and Cletus. Children of dangerous men trapped in their horrendous world. In all this darkness there is a love so strong, so willing to sacrifice everything. I guarantee you'll be crying ( )
  TheYodamom | Nov 4, 2019 |
I did this all wrong. I started with the Knitting in the City series a few weeks ago and then started the Winston Brothers series. I was trying to pace myself so I got to the last book when it's released on Nov 4th, but it is impossible to put down a Penny Reid book once you've started it and here I am, waiting for the next eight days to pass. I even broke one of my ironclad rules and read the three preview chapters on Ms. Reid's website, something I never do.
All that just goes to show how much I loved Beard With Me. This is such a different side of Billy and it's soooooo attractive. What he goes through to help Scarlet and his family is just amazing. And Scarlet is so young here. It's a little icky in places because of her age though I had more issues with Ben than Billy. Ben is kind of a creeper.
This is a serious story without the fun scenes you get in most of Ms. Reid's books. It deals with important subjects and there's a lot of information and backstory about the entire Winston family. I admit I find it interesting when Ms. Reid inserts little nuggets that call back to the other books in the series (Cletus's remarks about first kisses is one example); I don't know how she keeps it all straight honestly. But I love these characters and now I must wait for Beard Necessities. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Oct 27, 2019 |

Penny Reid is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,147,138 books! | Top bar: Always visible