Leverage in Death by J. D. Robb

Leverage in Death

by J. D. Robb

Series: In Death (47)

This is #47 of the In Death series. Paul Rohan a dedicated husband, father and employee was coerced into becoming suicide bomber, to save his wife and daughter. The explosion happened at a merger meeting of the airline he worked for and a low cost competitor. The stocks for the companies dropped instantly. When the survivors said the merger was still on, the stocks rose once again. Lt. Eve Dallas and her partner Det. Delia Peabody were called to the scene. It seemed an impossibility that 12 people died just because of some greedy souls wanted stock leverage. Why? Dallas, Peabody and Roark, a civilian consultant and Eve’s gorgeous talented husband all began the search for the killers. Their search took the through bomb fragments, high stake leveraged buying, and even to the
local art scene all while tracking the greedy killers. It was a fast action thriller with wonderful dialogue. It was different, in a good way, from many of it’s prequels, in that the killers were not readily apparent from the beginning of the book. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Jan 17, 2019 |
Interesting characters living not that far in the future. Good story with really evil bad guys who are dealt with severely. ( )
  jamespurcell | Jan 6, 2019 |
Eve Dallas goes back to the roots of the series, she is once again working with Roarke to save the victims. Loved it! ( )
  Bettesbooks | Dec 11, 2018 |
I think one of the best yet...... ( )
  JulieW121 | Nov 18, 2018 |
You would think that after forty-seven books, this series would start to falter, but it hasn’t. It is still as interesting, intriguing and mesmerizing as it was in the beginning. The mysteries are heart-stoppingly intense and the romance with Roarke and Eve is definitely sigh worthy. There is always humor that will make you chuckle and/or shake your head, familiar characters that you love and victims that will make you cry. You definitely cannot go wrong if you choose a book in this series.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas has definitely caught a gruesome case this time. Twelve victims were blown to bits and many more injured. But, there is no doubt about who exploded the bomb. The question is WHY. The bomber is a well-liked manager at the company, he loves his job, he loves the people with whom he works and, above all, he loves his wife and daughter. What in the world could ever cause him to blow himself and eleven other people to bits?

As Eve and her team investigate, we learn that the bomber is a victim himself. Eve is convinced that the culprits will not quit with just this one crime and she knows that another family is at risk. They identify a man that they are sure knows something – only to have him turn up dead. Then, another gruesome bombing. The chase is breath-stopping, the villains are a true surprise, and Eve is as hard-nosed and determined as ever.

I always love that there is a ‘back story’ going along with the mystery – just as there would be in real life. This time, it is the Oscars. As you know, Nadine wrote a book, The Icove Agenda, about one of Eve’s cases and it was made into a ‘vid’. Now, it is up for about a half-dozen Oscars – from screenplay to song. Everybody, except Eve, is very excited about the event. You’ll just love Eve’s very expected reactions. I also loved that there was more of Truehart, Baxter, Carmichael, and Bella in this one – but I missed Morris.

I bought the Whispersync version of this book and I just can’t say enough about Susan Ericksen’s narration. I love her voice range and the believable way she makes each of them sound. Just hearing the way she says (as Roarke) ‘Darlin’ Eve’ gives me goosebumps.

Great book! Now, I have to wait until February for the next one – bummer.

Please check out my reviews at:
Blog: https://flippinpages.blog/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/flippinpages...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FlippinPagesRev
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BarbBookReview ( )
  BarbaraRogers | Oct 24, 2018 |

J. D. Robbprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection. -- Sigmund Freud
Nothing is sacred to a gambler. -- Jacques Saurin
THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas puzzles over a bizarre suicide bombing in a Manhattan office building.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,537,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible