The Red Coast by Di Morrissey

The Red Coast

by Di Morrissey

611,855,836 (3)None

Di Morrissey is a pretty good writer, and this is the third book of Di Morrissey’s that I’ve read. I initially found the story very interesting particularly in regard to Broome and its pearling industry. However, I found reading this book to be a real struggle more often than not because the chapters felt extremely long and unnecessarily verbose. This I found very disappointing and off putting. I found myself really wishing for the book to end sooner rather than later. I think there may have been too much detail which detracted from the overall tone of the book. I’m still willing to try another of her books as I have read better ones by Di Morrissey. ( )
  zarasecker18 | Aug 22, 2018 |

Di Morrisseyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hosking, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

After the upheaval which separated Jacqui Bouchard from her beloved son, she has finally settled in Broome, a magical remote town on the northwest coast of Australia. But when a proposed mining development is unveiled, the town begins to tear itself apart. Rifts run deep, as friends, families and lovers are faced with a battle that could change their lives irrevocably. As everyone takes sides, Jacqui confronts her own dilemma: to stay or leave? Who to trust . . . Who to love?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,578,004 books! | Top bar: Always visible