What If... by Samantha Berger

What If... (edition 2018)

by Samantha Berger (Author)

A child who likes to draw and write stories imagines what would happen if there were no pencils, paper, or other tools for being creative.
Member:MPFSC
Title:What If...
Authors:Samantha Berger (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2018), Edition: Illustrated, 40 pages

Work Information

What If... by Samantha Berger

I loved the illustrations in this story and the message it gives.
  mackenziemitchell | Nov 21, 2020 |
I love the bright colors and creative energy this picture book inspires. The idea of curiosity as something to be encourages should be expressed in more books. "As long as I love, I will always create" is a wonderrful sentiment expressed by Berger, and the illustrations by Curato uses collage, found object images, and use of ink, pencil, and acrylics render the inspiring message and power of creativity. A definite read aloud. I want to use it in order to explain the power of creativity and how it goes beyond painting well or knowing how to draw eyes and hands. ( )
  EMiMIB | Jun 17, 2019 |
I like how this book focuses on imagination. The meaning of this book also was really powerful. The meaning I got from this book is to never give up on what you love to do. You may encounter problems, but their will always be another way to do what you love. The illustrations were also very beautiful. This would be a good book for children to read so that they could use their imagination in different ways. This is also a good book to use when teaching a lesson about imagination or creating things. ( )
  A.Bode | Mar 13, 2019 |
A lovely illustrated story about a little girl who wishes to create stories. But "What If" she didn't have a pencil and paper? Every page turn produces a new medium with which to craft her ideas and make them come to life. This book demonstrates that the tools needed to imagine are all around us and everyday objects can be used to create art, stories, and anything else you can dream. ( )
  JSkoros | Feb 18, 2019 |
The strength in this book was definitely the illustrations. I loved the color and different textures, and also the mixed media. It was very fun to look at. I also liked how it celebrates creativity and how even when we don't have anything to draw or write with, we can still imagine and create in our minds. It was a very sweet story, but I just loved the colors. ( )
  DevDye | Dec 3, 2018 |

Samantha Bergerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Curato, MikeIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,413,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible