Sky Song

Sky Song

'A shimmering thrill-ride of a book. I loved every page.' Lauren St John, author of The White Giraffe  'Sky Song made my heart sing - I loved it!' Kiran Millwood Hargrave, author of The Girl of Ink and Stars 'A dazzling snowstorm of an adventure, with hope at its heart' Emma Carroll, author of Letters from the Lighthouse 'I cannot recommend highly enough... a brilliant, heart-stopping, tear-inducing, soul-soaring adventure' MG Leonard, author of Beetle Boy 'A truly magical tale' The Guardian 'Abi Elphinstone is proving to be a worthy successor to CS Lewis' The Times 'Once an adventure digs its claws in, there is not an awful lot you can do about it. Especially when magic is involved . . .'   In the snowy kingdom of Erkenwald, whales glide between icebergs, wolves hunt on the tundra and polar bears roam the glaciers. But the people of this land aren't so easy to find - because Erkenwald is ruled by an evil Ice Queen and the tribes must stay hidden or risk becoming her prisoners at Winterfang Palace. Join Eska, a girl who breaks free from a cursed music box, and Flint, a boy whose inventions could change the fate of Erkenwald forever, as they journey to the Never Cliffs and beyond in search of an ancient, almost forgotten, song with the power to force the Ice Queen back.   This is a story about an eagle huntress, an inventor and an organ made of icicles. But it is also a story about belonging, even at the very edges of our world . . . 'Abi Elphinstone's books are full of adventure, wit, heart, and, above all, bravery' Katherine Rundell, author of The Explorer ?… (more)

No reviews
For Logie, who knew from the very beginning that he was part of our tribe
Beyond the footsteps of the greatest explorers and up past the reach of the trustiest maps there lies a kingdom called Erkenwald.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,235,745 books! | Top bar: Always visible