The Endless Beach by Jenny Colgan

The Endless Beach

by Jenny Colgan

You can always depend on Jenny Colgan to give you a good, heartwarming story. This is a continuation of the story from The Summer Seaside Kitchen but can be read with no confusion. My opinion is that since both books are so fantastic, you might as well read both of them.

This book takes place on the Isle of Mure in the Scottish Highlands. There's a small town with a lot of quirky characters. Flora, who runs the local bakery, is in love with Joel, who has just moved from London but still does a lot of work there. She is unsure of his true feelings for her and not sure how to handle her life with him or without him. We also have a gay brother, an immigrant doctor searching for his family, and various other characters that make this novel a fun read. There are a couple of loose ends in this book so I am hoping for another trip back to Mure Island with this series.

If you've never read Jenny Colgan, now is the time to start. If you have read her before, I highly recommend the Summer Seaside Kitchen series. ( )
  susan0316 | Jun 11, 2018 |
Flora quit her job as an attorney in London and moved back with her family on the Isle of Mure in the Scottish Highlands to work in the bakery.

Much to her surprise, her boss, Joel, decided to join her.

Flora didn’t know what to expect, but she didn’t expect love. She finds out Joel had a difficult childhood in foster care and doesn’t want to open up about it. That is a secret Joel keeps, a secret that causes problems for him as well as Flora, but this definitely adds interest to the story line.

THE ENDLESS BEACH sounds like a wonderful place to vacation and relax. I don’t think I would want to live there because of the remoteness, but the simple, stress free life would be lovely.

We follow Flora, Joel, Saif and Flora’s brothers as lives, interests, secrets, and personalities are revealed. Each character had a story - some sad. some happy.

It took a few pages to get everyone connected and to grab my interest, but the bakery, the whales, and the atmosphere on the Isle of Mure made it a very appealing read.

If you enjoy being in a quaint, lovely place and enjoy visiting with unforgettable, lovable characters, THE ENDLESS BEACH is a book you won’t want to miss. 4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review. ( )
  SilversReviews | May 21, 2018 |
Romance sequels can be tough - couples who come happily together in the first book are required to overcome challenges and risks to their relationship, while new complexities and possibilities arise for secondary characters. So prep a box of tissues, settle in, and return to Mure. ( )
  Kek55 | Mar 25, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Jenny Colgan's book The Endless Beach is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,304,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible