Quince

by Emma Steinkellner (Illustrator), Kit Steinkellner

Lupe is just your average, insecure, well-meaning, occasionally cranky teenage girl whose life is completely turned upside down when she discovers she has superpowers at her quinceañera. Her quince powers only last as long as she¿s fifteen, so over the course of this rollercoaster year, we follow the adventures of Lupe as she figures out what it really means to be a hero.… (more)

An adorable story with adorable characters. A great book for pre-teens that want to read more graphic novels. the pacing was a little clunky at times, but overall the artwork and characters were loveable. It was an enjoyable read. ( )
  holdenkillfield | Jun 17, 2021 |
The culture in this book is not super familiar to me. I think I've maybe been to one quinceanera in my whole life? However, I found messages I loved and related to throughout the book. Lupe has an awesome family and each family member has quirks. She also wants to help everyone but starts feeling tired and overworked. She tries to stand up for what she knows is right and gets hurt because of it. Basically, she overcomes some mental pushback, physical weakness, and social anxiety in her superhero journey, which only lasts while she is 15.

This book feels like a complete story arc for Lupe but leaves room for more adventures for her sister. This was worth the read to me. I didn't love the art style, but I really liked the characters. ( )
  Emma.June.Lyon | Feb 23, 2021 |
A wonderful coming of age story about a girl with superpowers trying to help her friends. Family friendly with a warm message. ( )
  inkandblink | Jul 1, 2020 |

Steinkellner, EmmaIllustratorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Steinkellner, Kitmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,243,829 books! | Top bar: Always visible