The War on Normal People: The Truth About…

by Andrew Yang (Author)

1905112,261 (4.21)5
From entrepreneur Andrew Yang, the founder of Venture for America, an eye-opening look at how new technologies are erasing millions of jobs before our eyes-and a rallying cry for the urgent steps America must take, including Universal Basic Income, to stabilize our economy.
Member:themulhern
Title:The War on Normal People: The Truth About America's Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future
Authors:Andrew Yang (Author)
Info:Hachette Books (2019), Edition: Illustrated, 304 pages
Collections:Checked out but unread

The War on Normal People: The Truth About America's Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future by Andrew Yang

Wow. Stronger on identifying problems than presenting solutions, but it does a pretty good job of each. The unanswered question is “how do we implement these solutions” (UBI, single payer), and how do we avoid the seemingly universal horrible execution quality of anything the US Government does. Yang’s answer would be “vote for me”, and if I could vote in the US, I’d seriously consider it. ( )
  octal | Jan 1, 2021 |
What a shame, I think he would've been an awesome president. ( )
  Paul_S | Dec 23, 2020 |
This is an excellent read. It chilled me to my bones. I don't think any of his solutions will work.

What I can say to the Zuckerbergs, the Bezos', the Pages, the Ellisons, the Musks, and the minuscule percentage of the population who hoard all the wealth on this overcrowded world can be said in one picture.

Yes, I know you are prepping for it. So was she. ( )
  authenticjoy | Nov 15, 2020 |
The genius of Andrew Yang is something that, I think, society does not yet appreciate. I love this book because it details the reasons why Andrew Yang holds the beliefs that he does, supporting his claims with research and surmounting evidence. This book is essentially Andrew Yang talking to the reader about the problems that America is facing - these problems will continue to degrade the state of the "normal" American moving into the future. I highly recommend this book to all people because it is important to have an educated populous. And since the state of the political climate is so divisive, having well-rounded ideas is something that a lot of people cherish. Andrew Yang's message is very clear, things are changing, for the worse, for the average American citizen, and now is the time to fix it. ( )
1 vote ndavis17 | Mar 2, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,239,152 books! | Top bar: Always visible