The Word Collector by Peter H. Reynolds

The Word Collector (edition 2018)

by Peter H. Reynolds (Author)

Jerome enjoys collecting and using words that he hears, reads, or sees, and then decides to share his collection with others.
Member:Bdaniels0924
Title:The Word Collector
Authors:Peter H. Reynolds (Author)
Info:Scholastic, Inc. (2018)

The Word Collector by Peter H. Reynolds

It's a good book to help categorize word types or emotions. Its exposes the child to various words and has lots of opportunities to learn. ( )
  AmberLamar | Dec 9, 2019 |
I liked this book for many different reasons. However, the main reason was that the author used their writing in order to pull the reader in from the first page. First the author explains that there are many different things people like to collect. This engaged me right away. It then talks about Jerome and his love to collect words. I think this can benefit readers who are just learning larger descriptive words because it will challenge them to reader even bigger words. This book can help students find something that they are particularly interested in and even stick with the passion of that interest. ( )
  egelva1 | Oct 6, 2019 |
Most of us are collectors. Most often, we collect physical objects such as stamps, coins, or pictures. The main character of The Word Collector collects words. This is a wonderful book to promote vocabulary interest. The book carries the strong and clear message that words are powerful tools, and can also be fun when collected on slips of paper. The book has a multicultural flavor, with an boy of color as the main character and some Islamic attire on display, such as a girl in a hijab. ( )
  JB_Chad | Jul 24, 2019 |
Teaching children about words, and wonderful they can be. I especially appreciated how the words chosen were melodious or just different. ( )
  lisaladdvt | Jul 17, 2019 |
A book that has a lot of great things going for it. The ending was a problem for me because of the littering- but I do love the story of a boy collecting words. ( )
  Robinsonstef | Jul 10, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,368,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible