Giger (Basic Art Series 2.0) by HR Giger

Giger (Basic Art Series 2.0) (original 1991; edition 2018)

by HR Giger (Artist)

Giger's multi-faceted career: From surrealistic dream landscapes, to album cover designs, and sculpture   For the last three decades H.R. Giger has reigned as one of the leading exponents of fantastic art. After he studied interior and industrial design for eight years at the School of Commercial Art in Zurich, Switzerland (1962-1970), he was soon gaining attention as an independent artist, with endeavors ranging from surrealistic dream landscapes created with a spray gun and stencils, to album cover designs for famous pop stars, and sculpture. In addition, Giger's multi-faceted career includes designing two bars, located in Tokyo and Chur, as well as work on various film projects--his creation of the set design and title figure for Ridley Scott's film Alien won him not only international fame but also an award for Best Achievement for Visual Effects (1980). "The more famous I get, the more I am tolerated, albeit with some head-shaking." --H.R. Giger   About the Series: Each book in TASCHEN's Basic Art Series features: a detailed chronological summary of the life and oeuvre of the artist, covering his or her cultural and historical importance a concise biography approximately 100 colour illustrations with explanatory captions… (more)
Member:Philthy
Title:Giger (Basic Art Series 2.0)
Authors:HR Giger (Artist)
Info:TASCHEN (2018), Edition: New Edition, 96 pages
Rating:*****

HR Giger ARh+ by H. R. Giger (1991)

German (1)  English (1)  All languages (2)
As this is a picture book, no review. Being a fan of his Art I just wanted to add it to show I own a copy.
R.I.P.
H. R. Giger ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,571,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible