The Governess Game (2018)

by Tessa Dare

Series: Girl Meets Duke (2)

New York Times and USA Today Bestseller He's been a bad, bad rake--and it takes a governess to teach him a lesson The accidental governess After her livelihood slips through her fingers, Alexandra Mountbatten takes on an impossible post: transforming a pair of wild orphans into proper young ladies. However, the girls don't need discipline. They need a loving home. Try telling that to their guardian, Chase Reynaud: duke's heir in the streets and devil in the sheets. The ladies of London have tried--and failed--to make him settle down. Somehow, Alexandra must reach his heart . . . without risking her own. The infamous rake Like any self-respecting libertine, Chase lives by one rule: no attachments. When a stubborn little governess tries to reform him, he decides to give her an education--in pleasure. That should prove he can't be tamed. But Alexandra is more than he bargained for: clever, perceptive, passionate. She refuses to see him as a lost cause. Soon the walls around Chase's heart are crumbling . . . and he's in danger of falling, hard.… (more)

I really enjoyed this. I like that the heroine had an interesting backstory, and that the hero's resistance to becoming close to others wasn't too overly done. They were believable. And her group of friends are so likable. Made me chuckle as well. A ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Dec 3, 2021 |
This one was not as funny as the previous book, but it was okay. I liked the relationship between Alex and the girls more than the romance itself. A good one time read. ( )
  ksahitya1987 | Aug 20, 2021 |
my poor little fanfiction loving heart just finished its first real romance novel and i'm never going back. ( )
  cthuwu | Jul 28, 2021 |
3.5 stars ( )
  ssperson | Apr 3, 2021 |
While reading The Duchess Deal, we found out who the next couple is, and I anticipated reading Alexandra (Alex) & Chase's story. I felt a little bit let down with 'The Governess Game,' I read and watched so many reviews hyping the book, and the truth is that I prefer the first book of the 'Girl Meets Duke' series for now.
Yes, I agree that it is delightful prose, wonderful banter, and fabulous characters. The scenes between Alx & Chase together are full of longing and banter and the slow dance into falling in love. I believed in them as a couple and routed for them as things took the inevitable downturn.
The secondary characters are great; I was happy to see Ash and Emma again, which also led to one of the funniest scenes between Ash and Chase. I loved the little girls in the book (I know some people didn’t?) not sure why but I thought they added depth, especially Chase. I couldn’t wait to see what fatal disease would take Millicent overnight.
I have the third book of the series on the TBR Shelf, but I want to wait a little bit until we have Nicola's love story's publishing date. ( )
  AvigailRGRIL | Mar 22, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

For my children, the Darelings, because apparently I have a trend with this series - dedicating books to people I hope will never read them. My daughter served as a brilliant consultant on Rosamund and Daisy's characters, and my ever-clever son taught me that some kids learn best in unconventional ways. Darelings, I love you both. I promise that out of all my books, this is the one and only page I'll ever force you to read.

(Bonus: I've now embarrassed you in front of thousands of strangers. Mom achievement unlocked!)
Alexandra Mountbatten had common sense

He’s been a bad, bad rake—and it takes a governess to teach him a lesson

The accidental governess.

After her livelihood slips through her fingers, Alexandra Mountbatten takes on an impossible post: transforming a pair of wild orphans into proper young ladies. However, the girls don’t need discipline. They need a loving home. Try telling that to their guardian, Chase Reynaud: duke’s heir in the streets and devil in the sheets. The ladies of London have tried—and failed—to make him settle down. Somehow, Alexandra must reach his heart... without risking her own.

The infamous rake.

Like any self-respecting libertine, Chase lives by one rule: no attachments. When a stubborn little governess tries to reform him, he decides to give her an education—in pleasure. That should prove he can’t be tamed. But Alexandra is more than he bargained for: clever, perceptive, passionate. She refuses to see him as a lost cause. Soon the walls around Chase’s heart are crumbling... and he’s in danger of falling, hard.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,501,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible