Rough Justice by Kelley Armstrong

Rough Justice (2018)

by Kelley Armstrong

"Mallt-y-Nos. Matilda of the Hunt. The lone woman who rides with the Wild Hunt, tasked with finding killers who've escaped justice and letting the hounds reap their souls. For Olivia Taylor-Jones, Matilda isn't just a legendary figure from Welsh lore. She is Olivia's past, and her future, one she's finally embraced. Having accepted her role as Matilda, Olivia must now lead her first Hunt. Seems simple enough. But when she questions their target's guilt, the Hunt is halted, her mission failed. Still, it's just a matter of getting Gabriel's help and investigating the man's past to reassure herself that he's guilty. He must be. Otherwise, he wouldn't be a target. But the deeper she digs, the more problems she finds, until she must question everything she knows about the Hunt and the choice she's made."--Publisher's description.… (more)

I was surprised and delighted to see ROUGH JUSTICE, a new novella in the Cainsville series, which I thought had ended with Rituals. Getting a new, although short, story about Olivia Taylor-Jones and Gabriel is a dream come true because I have truly enjoyed all of the books in this series.

READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW OVER AT FRESH FICTION! ( )
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
Love Armstrong's Cainsville series!! This takes Olivia on her first hunt and reveals the power her attendance emits. She possesses blood of two powerful fae groups and her challenge to embrace both. Loved reading about the characters and what has been happening since the last novel. Powerful author with skill at creating amazing characters and their worlds. "A copy of this book was provided by Subterranean Press via Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion." Loved the cover art!! ( )
  marandajo | Jul 2, 2018 |
This is a novella that takes place after the fifth and final Cainsville novel. I loved this continuation of the Cainsville series. It was wonderful to be able to go back and re-visit all these characters that I know and love. It was a great story and I liked seeing how everyone had adjusted to their new positions in the Hunt.

We get to see how Olivia, Gabriel, and Ricky are making their interesting situation work to their advantage. We also see how Liv struggles with the Hunt and letting the Hunt decide who is guilty and innocent.

This book focuses around a man who the Hunt thinks is guilty but Liv feels may not be guilty. Liv and Gabriel work to find out the true story behind why the Hunt chose this man to eliminate.

Overall this was a wonderful addition to the Cainsville series. I absolutely adored the Cainsville series and was so excited to get a little bit more of it. Highly recommended to fans of the Cainsville series. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this as a stand alone; there is just too much background missing. ( )
  krau0098 | Apr 25, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,752,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible