Chips in a Bag: Classy Mr. Murray by…

Chips in a Bag: Classy Mr. Murray

by Margaret Kelleher

196765,443 (3.3)5

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a nice romance, but it annoyed me that it jumped so often between time and characters. Sometimes it was hard to follow. The story was nice, but was hard to get into. ( )
  Lusie | Aug 25, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Started this the other night and continuing to read. Lots of characters to keep track of and how they are interlinking with each other.
Clodagh is in theory the main character. It has been driving me crazy not knowing how to pronounce her name in my head - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4sB_pPQkJU helps.

Noticed the phrasing that must be uniquely Irish and enjoyed it, learning a bit more about the culture. I think that all the various relationships were tied up in the end. Robert and Maria were kind of mentioned as becoming a couple. Maria was never really fleshed out, so didn't really have any buy in to that being resolved or not. Caroline and her Dylan were a little pat in their resolution. With all the Pamela being so psycho I think it would have been useful to have her act on it a bit more than she did.

Overall not a terrible first start. I could imagine reading another book by this author.

Bonus with all the knitting references. I tried finding some of the yarns mentioned, but must be specific to the UK for a couple. It would be cool to have patterns mentioned in the story available to knit. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Aug 11, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
In the end I really enjoyed this book and wanted more. I did struggle in the beginning of the book but the further you got into it the more you could not put it down. I look forward to reading more from this author. ( )
  lulu150 | Aug 7, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This e-book was an offer to me on the Early Reviews of Library Thing, for an honest review.
  neosofia | Jun 19, 2018 |
Title: Chips in a Bag Classy Mr. Murray
Author: Margaret Kelleher
Publisher: Orla Kelly Publishing
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Four
Review:

"Chips in a Bag Classy Mr Murray: A heartwarming love story blended with elements of deception, love lost, suspense and redemption" by Margaret Kelleher

My Thoughts.....

This is one of those reads that you will have to keep up because there are so many twist and turns with a lots of things going on from chapter to chapter. I did like how the author would give us the name for each of the chapters definitely helping you to keep up with that particular characters where there will be 'multiple stories weaving in and out of the storyline.' I will say it took me a minute to understand how this author was presenting this story as it was easy to get lost. The story will follow many characters that will be tied to in one way or another to 'Brandon Lodge, an grand old hotel in rural Ireland that was under going a renovation to become the Enterprise Park and Conference Center.' The main characters Clodagh Kenny and James Murray who had a love affair some thirty years ago will be brought back together but before that will happen you will find out what had broken them apart in the first place. Now as this story goes on the reader will get even more stories and this is where I say you will have to pick up this read to get it all because there will be a lots going on in this story that will relate. I love how this author was able to bring in the beautiful descriptions of 'the lore about yarn and knitting due to the fact that Clodagh's shop was all about yarns, knitting supplies and knit wear.' I would definitely love to visit that shop!

Be ready for a little bit of it all from story of 'deception, melodrama, secrets, lies, mischief, love lost suspense, heartwarming and redemption' as Clodagh and James finally make it to 'Chips in a Bag Class Mr. Murray.' This is definitely one of those romances that will leave you saying wow! ( )
  arlenadean | Apr 6, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Margaret Kelleher's book Chips in a Bag: Classy Mr. Murray is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,768,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible