Fables & Fairy Tales to Cross Stitch: French…

Fables & Fairy Tales to Cross Stitch: French Charm for Your Stitchwork (edition 2018)

by Véronique Enginger (Author)

631,864,577 (4.67)None
Member:tehanu
Title:Fables & Fairy Tales to Cross Stitch: French Charm for Your Stitchwork
Authors:Véronique Enginger (Author)
Info:Schiffer (2018), Edition: 1, 144 pages
Collections:Selling
Tags:Needlework, Cross Stitch

Fables & Fairy Tales to Cross Stitch: French Charm for Your Stitchwork by Véronique Enginger

This is a fabulous cross stitch book! Great patterns that are easy to read along with great pictures. The patterns are of fairy tales, fables and French nursery rhymes. They are fun to follow. Not very difficult, so most of them would be for the intermediate stitcher, although the beginner would find some that are easy to do. Another fabulous thing in this book are the ways to finish projects. There are some great examples too. I was very impressed with this book. And I highly recommend this to all cross stitchers. It will be a treasure in their library. ( )
  BonnieKernene | Apr 21, 2018 |
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

I loved the color schemes in this book as well as the multiple suggestions for practical uses of the finished cross-stitch pieces. The “French Fairy Tale” section is ideal for creating a themed room or area. The cross-stitch patterns also appear to be perfectly made to use not only the full-page scenes but to easily take parts of the design to use for other projects and the two-color designs are also great for filet crochet projects. ( )
  tehanu | Jan 31, 2018 |
I received this e-book ARC through Net Galley from Schiffer Publishing, in exchange for a truthful review.

The book is broken up into three main sections: Fables, Fairy Tales and French Nursery Rhymes. An American audience will be most familiar with the Fables and Fairy Tales sections motifs. Perusing the French Nursery Rhymes section might not evoke personal childhood memories for English speakers, and the words in the cross-stitch patterns are in French, but the designs are lovely and perfect for cross-stitch gifts for children.

The Aesop's Fable "City Mouse and the Country Mouse" motif made me laugh, as the mice are sharing what appears to be red wine. Definitely a French-bent on that one:-)

Each cross-stitch design is beautifully staged with a color-photograph and comes with an accompanying chart complete with the expected DMC floss legend.

Miniature monochrome motifs embedded in each of the larger designs in the Fables section are small enough to complete in an hour and would make useful bookmarks, gift tags, etc.

In addition to the cross-stitch designs, the book also has directions and patterns for crafts in which to use the completed cross-stitch. These crafts would be perfect for a nursery, children's bedroom/playroom/classroom or as gifts.
I definitely want to try several of these designs, especially the Pierrot mobile using the "Au clair de la lune" chart.

I would classify the cross-stitch patterns as beginner/intermediate levels and the sewing skills for the craft as an intermediate level. The colors used are classics - not too bold and come off as dreamy to me - perfect for the subject matter and audience. ( )
  deslivres5 | Jan 30, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,362,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible