The Life We Unmade by Tabitha Freeman

The Life We Unmade

by Tabitha Freeman

412,370,070 (3)None
Recently added byByChallaF, katurner, trfreeman

Actual rating 3.25
Through this story, we explore past lives and how the events of those lives affect us in the current life. The author asks the question of what do we bring with us from those age-old journeys?

The story was good; the characters were distinctive, but the disconnected association from present to past started to become exhausting to read. The story begins on one timeline, jumps to the fourteen months wake up in another life, then move back and forth through the present and past. In the second act of the story, we get an entirely different story, the backdrop of the events of the future. Finally, everything comes full circle. Sounds like a lot? Well, it was, and it made the story move on for quite some time. As a person very interested in the idea of past lives and carnelian stones, I began to get leery of the sequence of the events. Ready for things to settle on one event. This book felt as if I was reading two, rather than one book.

I liked the idea of the book and the "what if" question that it posses. I didn't like how long it took to get to it. And the stubbornness of the main character became less endearing with each risk she took.

It is hard to place The Life We Unmade in a category - Paranormal Romance, Thriller, Fictional Historical Romance, maybe? Not that the genre matters but I find it hard to recommend this book to a particular reader. The romance of the book is light yet to mystical art of the book is also limited. The story could have done with a little bit more of one or the other . . . or maybe both. ( )
  ByChallaF | Jul 5, 2018 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Tabitha Freeman's book The Life We Unmade was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Tabitha Freeman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,687,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible