Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, 7) by Sarah…

Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, 7) (original 2018; edition 2018)

by Sarah J. Maas (Author)

Series: Throne of Glass (7)

Years in the making, Sarah J. Maas's #1New York Timesbestselling Throne of Glass series draws to an epic, unforgettable conclusion. Aelin Galathynius's journey from slave to king's assassin to the queen of a once-great kingdom reaches its heart-rending finale as war erupts across her world. . . Aelin has risked everything to save her people-but at a tremendous cost. Locked within an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will as she endures months of torture. Aware that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, though her resolve begins to unravel with each passing day... With Aelin captured, Aedion and Lysandra remain the last line of defense to protect Terrasen from utter destruction. Yet they soon realize that the many allies they've gathered to battle Erawan's hordes might not be enough to save them. Scattered across the continent and racing against time, Chaol, Manon, and Dorian are forced to forge their own paths to meet their fates. Hanging in the balance is any hope of salvation-and a better world. And across the sea, his companions unwavering beside him, Rowan hunts to find his captured wife and queen-before she is lost to him forever. As the threads of fate weave together at last, all must fight, if they are to have a chance at a future. Some bonds will grow even deeper, while others will be severed forever in the explosive final chapter of the Throne of Glass series.… (more)
Member:MIdNiTe_TrAgEdY
Title:Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, 7)
Authors:Sarah J. Maas (Author)
Info:Bloomsbury YA (2018), Edition: 1st Edition, 992 pages

Work Information

Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas (2018)

English (54)  German (1)  All languages (55)
4.5 stars
This is probably the best fantasy series I've read since Abercrombie's First Law series, and it couldn't be more different.

Where Abercrombie grinds hope under his heal with the royal torturer, Maas's King's Assassin leaves us with a LOTR level of hope for the future.

This series in many ways reminds me of Lord of the Rings, but as Tolkien who wrote for his little boys, and having been a little boy I remember that I never wanted to read books about girls and always wanted the hero to be about my age, Bilbo and company worked perfectly.

Now grown old, I love to read books about strong cable women, the cast of this series is the flip side of LOTR. It's the women of ToG that save the day.

My biggest criticism of this book was, that

I wasn't happy that the torture and captivity of Aelin went on for so much of this last book but love that Cairn pissed himself, a scared little boy just like bullies all over the world, when things don't go the way they want.
  kevn57 | Dec 8, 2021 |
2/2.5 ( )
  sianhopper | Dec 6, 2021 |
Rate 4.5.
Fantastic ending, epic battles, and other stuff.
Only rated down for my own irritation with YA novels. ( )
  Kat_books | Nov 9, 2021 |
Sarah J. Maas writes the perfect "new adult" fantasy novel in my opinion. Her books are fast moving, her characters are engaging, and ger storylines draw you in and won't let you go until the last page. Her books will always be an immediate read for me no questions asked. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
An epic finale to an incredible series! I cried, laughed, and yelled at this book more times than I can count - and any book that makes me feel emotions /that/ strongly is a ten out of ten in my eyes! Everything from the tiny call out to the ACOTAR series, to the incredible depictions of the epic battles went above and beyond everything that I expected from this series. I often find that the conclusion of long series disappoints. But that was certainly not the case with this book! The only complaint I have is that there isn't more! ( )
  sedodge | Aug 31, 2021 |

Sarah J. Maasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Evans, ElizabethNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For my parents - who taught me to believe that girls can save the world
He had been hunting for her since the moment she was taken from him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,145,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible