Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs

Storm Cursed

by Patricia Briggs

Series: Mercy Thompson (11), World of the Marrok (26)

Mercy Thompson has opened her garage again and is trying to get back to normal. Of course, now that the Tri-Cities are viewed as neutral ground, all kinds of supernatural beings are heading her way. With her mate Adam Hauptman's firm involved in providing security to a top-secret meeting with the US government and the fae, Mercy is tapped to handle everything else--including reports of a strange witch in town...… (more)
Recently added byprivate library, Roselong, mamelia00, Bron0ne, miloh86, jchen147, graceless880

This book is almost all Mercy. She is overwhelmed with witch troubles, zombie issues, protection troubles, oh just about anything that can go wrong troubles. Adam is barely there, but we get time with Zee, Stephen, Wulf, and some other very cool characters. I enjoyed the time with these characters and what we learned here, very, very interesting. ( )
  TheYodamom | Aug 21, 2019 |
As always, enjoy Mercy's world. Miniature Zombie Goats. Witches. Wulfe and Stephan. And Mercy only almost dies once. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Jun 27, 2019 |
Mercedes Thompson is one the few series that I still preorder every installment and read it almost immediately. The characters are compelling and grow with every story, and the worldbuilding is excellent.

Mercy opened a can of worms for the Columbia Basin pack when she declared the people in their territory are under the pack’s protection. The human government has manipulated Adam, via his security company, to act as bodyguards to their delegation for secret peace negotiations with the Gray Lords/Fae. Then a nasty pack of witches makes a power play to take over the territory and things escalate quickly.

Despite being a coyote shape-shifting "walker", Mercy is still relatable. She has family drama, and gets by on luck as much as skill when dealing with the supernatural community. I love how she and Adam have become a team and the pack is finally warming up to her (I seriously hope Briggs leaves Christy off the page going forward). Old friends reappear in this story and the mythology is expanded on – giving readers more on witches/politics.

Overall, this was a great read and I look forward to the next book. ( )
  jshillingford | Jun 26, 2019 |

Book source ~ Library

Mercy Thompson is a mechanic, but she’s also a whole lot more. As a coyote shifter she has some problems fitting in with the Columbia Basin werewolf pack. Normally, she wouldn’t give a fig about the pack, but ever since she married their Alpha, Adam Hauptman, she kinda has to deal with them. And now she’s dealing with a situation that she brought upon herself and the pack and that’s being the go-between for the humans and the Gray Lords of the Fae. Mercy doesn’t try to make her life more complicated. These things just seem to happen.

I love this series. I really do. And while I love this installment in it, it just seems to be a bit much this time. I’m not sure why I feel that way because the book has everything I love about the entire series: paranormal shenanigans, steaminess, humor, my favorite characters, danger, mystery, and a decent plot. Ok, maybe it’s the plot. It feels off. Maybe because the last book had Mercy kidnapped and carried off to Europe. It seems like the thing on the bridge with the troll happened forever ago and I guess what I really need is a series refresher. I do hope the Fae storyline gets some more attention because I think that’s what it needs. They really only end up as a subplot of this book because there’s some new Big Bads in town and they are not Fae. Hint: there’s some adorable zombies involved. If I had to guess, this book is setting up a big Fae/human showdown which should prove very complicated and interesting. I do still love this series and can’t wait for the next story. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Jun 21, 2019 |
The 11th Mercy Thomson book and close to the 20th in the series, this does pretty well for all that some of the tropes have worn smooth. Fast moving with an intricate but not too intricate plot that ties backward and forward in the series, Briggs manages her large cast deftly and keeps everyone distinct. ( )
  quondame | Jun 17, 2019 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santos, Daniel DosCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"So what did you do, Mary Jo?" called Ben in his crisp British accent.

My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.

And a coyote shapeshifter.

And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.

Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I hadn't stood upon a bridge and taken responsibility for the safety of the citizens who lived in our territory. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. It should have only involved hunting down killer goblins, zombie goats, and an occasional troll. Instead, our home was viewed as neutral ground, a place where humans would feel safe to come and treat with the fae.

The reality is that nothing and no one is safe. As generals and politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae, a storm is coming and her name is Death.

But we are pack, and we have given our word.

We will die to keep it.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,833,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible